Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3pay mobile BB stopped working for everyone today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

browsing now fixed after receiving a call from their tech support. Pop3 access still not working though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

lost some of our fanboy-ism have we?

dont know about "fan-boy" rarely use their mobile BB was handy when free though! they are still more attractive for me than their competitors but thats only for the calls and msgs that i make/send and for the planet three content.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 tdkeaveny

mine has been working quite well since the upgrade, but today i get a "Packet data connection not available" what does this mean? do i have to make another call to the useless tech guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Without getting technical packet data means the internet. There's no point calling them. The people who know stuff are working on it. I hope

is pop3 working for people? still not for me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

nothing's working today for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

is pop3 working for people? still not for me...
    I don't think it's working for anyone. Mine certainly has not worked in ages. Since way before the upgrade.
    *edit*
    Just tried a send + receive again just for pig iron, and here's the message I got:
    i server not found
    i server message 220 rblsmtpd:local

Ok, that's a first. I don't remember seeing this before, tho usually I end up quitting the email client and not waiting as it takes so damn long when it's trying to connect to the servers.

they told me not to buy mobile broadband as it does not work after their upgrade but they are working on it but wont/cant give a time for resolution! great service!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

foggy_lad wrote:
    they told me not to buy mobile broadband as it does not work after their upgrade but they are working on it but wont/cant give a time for resolution! great service!

Actually has been working 80 percent of the time since Sept 18th here, just http access though..

I rang up the 3 store on Henry's street where I did my verification and the girl already knew what I was going to say before I got finishing my sencence. She says they are getting hounded with calls about internet access. Everyone after the 17th Sept has to do age verification, even if you have been age verified before.

• Advertisement

Is anybody else having trouble getting Opera Mini to work on 3pay ? Mine stopped working this afternoon. The crappy 3 browser is working tho.

both times i age verified was told i would never have to do it again so will leave three rather than put up with their lies and deceit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I rang up the 3 store on Henry's street where I did my verification and the girl already knew what I was going to say before I got finishing my sencence. She says they are getting hounded with calls about internet access. Everyone after the 17th Sept has to do age verification, even if you have been age verified before.

Everyone? Not a chance. I haven't had to anyway.
    tallus wrote:
    Is anybody else having trouble getting Opera Mini to work on 3pay ? Mine stopped working this afternoon. The crappy 3 browser is working tho.

Mine is fine thank god

you on bill-pay or pre-pay hustler? age verification only applies to pre-pay and only to access mobile broadband

I'm on prepay and have access to mobile broadband.

The odd site like tinytube being restricted has nothing to do with age verification btw, they are just blocking some sites for some unknown reason.

I've had age verification problems before and they sorted it over the phone (eventually), so maybe whatever they did ensured I wouldn't have the problem again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

tallus wrote:

Opera mini 4 has stopped working but it's a fault of opera and not Three as my normal browser works.

Opera mini 4 has stopped working but it's a fault of opera and not Three as my normal browser works.

maybe three have blocked it? nsm stopped working last night!

OT, but do you find it impossible to log into sites with opera 4 beta? I can log in but when i go to a different page, such as submitting the reply i just wrote, i'm logged out again. I've seen the problem posted on a few sites but never along with a solution

opera 3 doesn't include quote text for some reason so to post this reply i had to open the thread in opera 4, click quote, keep refreshing the page until i was logged in, copy the quote the text, fire up opera 3, open the thread, click reply, paste in the quote text and then write the reply. Quite annoying

Yeah I find that with opera 4 too.

Funnily enough I got a 3alert today saying "3 now requires customers to be verified as 18 or over to access the internet. Please take photo ID to a 3Store or call 333 if you have a credit card."

Do they not know they've had this requirement for many months now?

I thought this would mean my internet had stopped working but it still does. That means that was a generic message just saying to go to a 3store as if they don't realise everyone would have had to do that already.

You're right, they don't seen to realise they've had this requirement or months. If you ring customer (don't) care a recorded message (that you can't skip and makes you wait about a minute because there's another unskippable message after it :mad: ) tells you that since sept 17th you have to age verify

• Advertisement

After a frustrating ten minutes and 20 attempts to load a page i decided to call 3 to see if there's any update on a possible resolution to the problem. Neither the agent i spoke to nor the technical person i spoke to were aware of any problem. You need the patience of a saint to deal with these people

here's my latest reply from three!

Dear ******, Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the ongoing issues with the Mobile Broadband services and for your experience with Customer Services. I’m responding to you in writing as per our telephone conversation. I can understand your frustration that you are still unable to access the mobile broadband in spite of contacting a 3 store. I have checked your details and as per your mobile numbers 083******* and 083******* the broadband issue has now been resolved. If the issue still persists you may call us and if required we would escalate your details to the technical team to have this investigated further. I wouldn’t be able to provide information on mobile number 083******* due to security reasons. Alternatively, I’d suggest you to have your email address registered on the account for any of your account related to be processed in future. I’m sorry to hear that there was no response from us regarding the music downloads from “My Music” section on My 3. We’d be glad to sort this for you at the earliest. We would need to speak to so that we can perform a few diagnostics to have the issue resolved. I can assure you that 3 is one of the fastest growing telecom company in Ireland, our handsets being close to liquidation are just rumours. I’d suggest to ignore the same. For any further queries, please feel free to call our Customer Services on 333 from a 3 phone (free of charge) or 083 333 3333 (charged at applicable mobile rates). Regards, Deborah Falcao3 Customer Services.

anythin more need to be said?

If anyone is onto 3 please ask them to FIX POP3 email.

just tried to email three at customer.care@3mail.com address and mail was returned!

i'll have 3 curries and 1 coke please.

also tried the dublin head office number 015426300 but it is automated!

If anyone is onto 3 please ask them to FIX POP3 email.
    +1
    Unfortunately they will lose out on their 3mail if they unblock the ports for pop3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

What the F**K is going on over there!!!!!!! Can't access my mail for the past two days. This is beyond taking the piss. Whatever they have done in the past week is having detrimental knock on for end users. I called that Dublin number and spoke with a lady and expressed my severe dissatisfaction with the service as it stands. She was very nice but utterly unhelpful. (She could have been a cleaning lady for all I know). Her name was Lou-ann and I suggest others call the number foggy_lad posted and express our shared concerns. THis is not on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I can't even access planet 3 tonight. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

foggy_lad wrote:
    just tried to email three at customer.care@3mail.com address and mail was returned!

Try customer.care.ie@3mail.com

Advertisement