Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3pay mobile BB stopped working for everyone today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

It looks like Three are now opening ports on a port-by-port basis, ie you have to specify which ports you want to have opened... Lol... Wouldn't it be easier to open all ports for everyone? I asked them if they could open all ports but they said not possible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tried to email from the link on the contact us page on three site it used to work but obviously they shut it down with recent events haha and if they shut off msn between 7pm and 12 midnight its probably for maintainance lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

what port do i have to ask them to open to get POP3 working again?

what port do i have to ask them to open to get POP3 working again?

Tell them to open all ports..

I just got a call from Three, asking me to turn off and on the phone, and see whether the ports worked.. They did.. Hooray!! I was on the 100 meg addon before, they didnt tell me what they did with the account, why it's suddenly working now, but it does.. However, my mb counter now says "fair use", so I guess they upgraded my megs in some way.. Well, perhaps this port thingy will come back next month, if I buy a 100 meg again. We'll see..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

flodis79 wrote:

I just got a call from Three, asking me to turn off and on the phone, and see whether the ports worked.. They did.. Hooray!! I was on the 100 meg addon before, they didnt tell me what they did with the account, why it's suddenly working now, but it does.. However, my mb counter now says "fair use", so I guess they upgraded my megs in some way.. Well, perhaps this port thingy will come back next month, if I buy a 100 meg again. We'll see..
    Cheers for the email address flodis, I just fired off an email to them myself about the port blocking. Touch wood I'll hear from them before the phone goes out of date.

• Advertisement

tallus wrote:
    Cheers for the email address flodis, I just fired off an email to them myself about the port blocking. Touch wood I'll hear from them before the phone goes out of date.

Good luck... I cc:ed the email to <snip> and Robert Finnegan - don't know whether that's the recipe to get the rocks rolling..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

flodis79 wrote:

Just checked and mine says fair use too?

Sadly I don't think anything else has changed.

flodis79 wrote:

I got a no such email from that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I have cancelled X-Series Gold today and am going to change to 100MB tomorrow, which is my account cycle date.

No point in paying €20 for something which doesn't work when I could pay €5.99 for something which doesn't work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I've started using a vodafone sim today. Its 99c a day but the i got the 30 euro thats on it for free for buying a phone. Hopefully 3 will sort it out before the credit runs out in 30 days but i won't hold my breath

• Advertisement

I got a no such email from that one...

Sorry, the correct address is customer.services.ie@3mail.com

i called on friday, i was told i'd get a call on saturday.
    called on saturday, was told the person should have said 24 "to 48" hours and not just 24 so i'd get a call on sunday.
    called on sunday, was told the technical team don't call at weekends and i'd get a call on monday.
    missed a call today and called back. wait for it..... was told i'd get a call tomorrow.

i explained that the only information i had got for the past two weeks was:
    you're the only one having these issues <--incorrect
    no one else has called <----incorrect
    you'll get a call tomorrow <---incorrect

so the guy repeated those things today. can i confirm that its still not working for everyone else? ie its downloading a few bytes and then stopping

and at the end of the call he said "can i help you with anything else? i explained that he hadn't helped me with anything and said i'd be anxiously awaiting the call tomorrow. i also said that maybe people weren't calling because they knew they'd just be told to wait 24 hours as everyone is every time they call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Can still only make outgoing connections on port 80. Basically thats only http traffic. Get the 3 splash screen page every time i open the browsr.

Fring, spodtronic, wireless-irc, mgtalk, putty, voipbuster dont work anymore. They used to before September 17th.

i sent an email, they probably wont reply though as I didnt get replies before.

I have a Nokia N73 on the 3 Mobile Network.

Ongoing issues:
    I can still only make outgoing connections on port 80 and maybe 443. Basically that’s only http traffic (not a broadband service at all).
    I also get the 3 splash screen page every time I open the browser and browse to a webpage outside your intranet even though the page says I’ll only see it every week. Yes, I have cookies enabled before you ask.

Any applications that use ports other than 80 will no longer work.

For example, I used to use:
    fring, spodtronic, wireless-irc, mGTalk, Putty, VoIPbuster dont work anymore. They used to work before September 17th, so its not like you never supported full broadband access.

I am age verified (several times now as your customer support asked me to do this so many times) and I have purchased 100MB Mobile Broadband for my Nokia N73.

Every time I ring customer support, I’m told that a person from technical support will ring me back in 24 to 48 hours. I haven’t got a call back from technical support once.

I don’t want to be told to take out the battery, reset phone settings to default etc again, because after 5 times, I think we can conclude that this does not resolve the problem.

It’s not a problem with the handset as everything was working perfect before 17th September and a lot more people have these issues now. All our phones didn’t just pack it in after that date.

If you think I’m the only person with this issue, think again:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055151838
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055156620

I have been on you through online chat, customer support through the phone and email since the 18th September and as of yet no progress has been made. Very poor service in my honest opinion.

I would hate to think that 3's customer support and technical support are not competent for the job they are supposed to be doing.

Just got a call from 3 after I mailed them on sunday. They stated that they don't support the email client on my phone, I asked for a reply by email, the way I contacted them originally so I can take this further.

how can they say this when email has been working - well it was on my n95 - what phone have u?

how can they say this when email has been working - well it was on my n95 - what phone have u?
    I have a Sony Ericsson Z610i podgeandrodge. Mine was working when I switched the port numbers around pre Sept 17th, but not anymore. Got an email reply from 3 yesterday evening will post it up when I get home from work if anyone is interested in seeing it. The general gist of the letter is that they don't support any pop email other than the crappy 3mail which they charge you for using.

tallus wrote:
    I have a Sony Ericsson Z610i podgeandrodge. Mine was working when I switched the port numbers around pre Sept 17th, but not anymore. Got an email reply from 3 yesterday evening will post it up when I get home from work if anyone is interested in seeing it. The general gist of the letter is that they don't support any pop email other than the crappy 3mail which they charge you for using.

VERY interesting answer... I just checked my gmail via pop3 on MujMail j2me midlet, and it worked fine.

I bought the 100MB €6 mobile broadband about 2 weeks ago. Last week it was down to 97MB. Last night when i checked my balance it says "Fair Use"

I bought the 100MB €6 mobile broadband about 2 weeks ago. Last week it was down to 97MB. Last night when i checked my balance it says "Fair Use"
    Same here Damo, I'm just beginning to wonder what they are up to ... it's weird the way stuff keeps changing.

• Advertisement

flodis79 wrote:
    VERY interesting answer... I just checked my gmail via pop3 on MujMail j2me midlet, and it worked fine.
    Ok just to make it easier here's the email reply I got from 3 after I requested it.
    My original statement that they dont support pop3 was wrong/misleading. Here's the email.
    I did mention port blocking and the cs girl I spoke to couldn't comment on it. After they called I asked for a reply in the same medium as my original contact to them. Email.

Dear Mr. *****

Thank you for inquiring about the Pop3 Services on your 3 phone. I am responding to you in writing as requested by you over our telephone conversation.

I can understand that you are trying to use pop3 on your handset, unfortunately at the moment external POP3 mail can only be accessed from the browser and not the handset. I’ll take this as a valuable feedback and escalate it to the relevant team.

It is unfortunate to know that you aren’t able to use the services, however you can have access to pop3 from the browser. I hope this answers your query. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to call our customer service by dialing 333 from your phone (free of charge) or 083 333 3333 (charged at applicable mobile rates). We’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Hiral Sheth
    3 Customer Services.

*edit*
    I haven't replied to this email as it's no more than a dead end/answersheet email. Don't really know what road to take next.

tallus wrote:
    I can understand that you are trying to use pop3 on your handset, unfortunately at the moment external POP3 mail can only be accessed from the browser and not the handset.
    It is unfortunate to know that you aren’t able to use the services, however you can have access to pop3 from the browser.

what do they mean by accessing pop3 via a browser??

what do they mean by accessing pop3 via a browser??
    Well you can do a web login to the likes of eircom mail and gmail. Using your browser, Ie: Opera Mini/crappy planet3

Opera mini hasn't worked properly for me since the 17th. I have to reload pages loads of times to get them to work.

And the other day i was happily browsing with the inbuilt browser while opera kept failing to connect to the internet. Is it working properly for you tallus?

I'm posting this with my vodafone sim in the phone. The service is so much better its almost worth a euro a day. Almost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

haha switch to vodafone might be the way to go! anyone know whats their cheapest 3g phone?

Opera mini hasn't worked properly for me since the 17th. I have to reload pages loads of times to get them to work.

And the other day i was happily browsing with the inbuilt browser while opera kept failing to connect to the internet. Is it working properly for you tallus?

I'm posting this with my vodafone sim in the phone. The service is so much better its almost worth a euro a day. Almost
    After calling 3 they got rid of the irritating 49c message when I launched plantet3 and the even more irritating "you must enable cookies in your browser" message which kept reverting me back to the planet3 startpage and thus, stopped me from browsing at all when using the planet3 browser. Opera Mini can be a bit slow at times but it's working all the time yes. Though, I had to call them a few times and piss and moan about it until they "escallated" it to the tech dept. I was having the same problem. I asked the tech guy yesterday about the pop3 problem and he said they would have a look at it. As far as i can see it's still not working, but they did get rid of the irritating planet3 messages. I'm seriously considering going back to o2 when the credit runs out on this phone, 3 lack of customer care and messing with ports just isn't worth the heartache. I have never had to call a mobile carrier so many times ever.
    They might be offering some good services, but the stupid limitiations they are placing on stuff along the way is a royal pain in the arse.

tallus wrote:
    Well you can do a web login to the likes of eircom mail and gmail. Using your browser, Ie: Opera Mini/crappy planet3

ok but then its really webmail and not pop3, i thought they had some new solution!

got a voicemail from their tech support telling me to turn phone off and remove battery and start up again and "everything will work" ! Not very hopeful but will try...

ok but then its really webmail and not pop3, i thought they had some new solution!

got a voicemail from their tech support telling me to turn phone off and remove battery and start up again and "everything will work" ! Not very hopeful but will try...
    I doubt if it will work, but they seem to tell everyone to do it. It's webmail yes, but it's a work around if you absolutely positively have to check email at least there is a way to do it even if it is a pain in the ass.

well whadda you know.... pop3 now working :D - though i suspect it has nothing to do with turning the phone on and off - i should have tried it before the reboot!

also have the "fair use" message on my 100mb add-on - which must temporarily mean that they are not putting the 100mb max on it for this month anyway - i expect to see the data counter back from the next time i purchase an add-on.

all's well though now..

btw - is pop3 working for u tallus?

• Advertisement

well whadda you know.... pop3 now working :D - though i suspect it has nothing to do with turning the phone on and off - i should have tried it before the reboot!

also have the "fair use" message on my 100mb add-on - which must temporarily mean that they are not putting the 100mb max on it for this month anyway - i expect to see the data counter back from the next time i purchase an add-on.

all's well though now..

btw - is pop3 working for u tallus?
    NO :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    F*cking 3 ****.

Advertisement