Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3pay mobile BB stopped working for everyone today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Ok just got a call from 3 tech support to say the pop3 thing will be sorted out within the next 24 hours. They fixed the irritating Planet3 browser problem thankfully. So now I wait :)

Pop3 now working on my 3Pay Z610i :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

After an email stating how ridiculous a company is to block legitimate use of a handset's features such as pop3, 3 rang me and informed me they do not support pop3 and won't reenable ports 110 and 25. Very very annoying. On billpay so stuck for another 6 months with them :(

nephster wrote:
    After an email stating how ridiculous a company is to block legitimate use of a handset's features such as pop3, 3 rang me and informed me they do not support pop3 and won't reenable ports 110 and 25. Very very annoying. On billpay so stuck for another 6 months with them :(
    They only just re-enabled mine today. So whoever told you that they don't support it is either uninformed or is lying, either way you should have it working. I was told it was a "known issue" last saturday and that it was going to be fixed for a lot of people.
    I'd call them again nephster.

Snotty email first mate, as below! Then time to ring India...

"Further to my email below your customer service have informed me that you will not reenable access to the ports I request below. However, I *know* this has been done for other users, who now have eg pop3 access, so why not for me??? It is a/ very technically possible and b/was working up until 2 weeks ago. I do not think it is too much to ask to have three ports enabled again.
    They are obviously enabled on accounts with the usb modem using your network.
    No reference was made to my other point, which AGAIN has been resolved for other users.
    Also, I specifically asked NOT to be rung and to be emailed instead! Which was completely ignored.

If you unwilling to enable the 3 ports I request please cancel my Internet Add-on as of this month's billing period.

Please reply by email, not phone!!!

(me)"

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it.
    Took me three phone calls to get it sorted out but was worth the wait tbh.

Ok pop3 is no longer working. I just do not understand wtf these people are playing at. The mind boggles.
    *edit*
    It appears to be working again this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

i sent an email, they probably wont reply though as I didnt get replies before.

I have a Nokia N73 on the 3 Mobile Network.

Ongoing issues:
    I can still only make outgoing connections on port 80 and maybe 443. Basically that’s only http traffic (not a broadband service at all).
    I also get the 3 splash screen page every time I open the browser and browse to a webpage outside your intranet even though the page says I’ll only see it every week. Yes, I have cookies enabled before you ask.

Any applications that use ports other than 80 will no longer work.

For example, I used to use:
    fring, spodtronic, wireless-irc, mGTalk, Putty, VoIPbuster dont work anymore. They used to work before September 17th, so its not like you never supported full broadband access.

I am age verified (several times now as your customer support asked me to do this so many times) and I have purchased 100MB Mobile Broadband for my Nokia N73.

Every time I ring customer support, I’m told that a person from technical support will ring me back in 24 to 48 hours. I haven’t got a call back from technical support once.

I don’t want to be told to take out the battery, reset phone settings to default etc again, because after 5 times, I think we can conclude that this does not resolve the problem.

It’s not a problem with the handset as everything was working perfect before 17th September and a lot more people have these issues now. All our phones didn’t just pack it in after that date.

If you think I’m the only person with this issue, think again:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055151838
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055156620

I have been on you through online chat, customer support through the phone and email since the 18th September and as of yet no progress has been made. Very poor service in my honest opinion.

I would hate to think that 3's customer support and technical support are not competent for the job they are supposed to be doing.

3 Finally replyed with:

Hi,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the ongoing issues. I couldn’t call you as you haven’t mentioned any of your contact details.

I’m sorry to hear that you did not receive a call from our technical team as promised however I can assure you that once we have your details we would look into the issues you are facing on a high priority. We would then be able to come to a conclusion as to where the fault lies so that the issues can be investigated and resolved as soon as possible.

It’s unfortunate to hear that as a valued customer 3 has not met with your expectations. I can assure you that we will try our best to meet your expectations as soon as we have your contact details.

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to call our Customer Services by dialing 333 from your 3 phone(free of charge) or 083 333 3333 (charged at applicable mobile rates).

Regards,

Deborah Falcao
    3 Customer Services.

Contact details? how about the email address you got my email from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

hahahaha thats not a reply at all! hmmm why do three want to ring soo many people??? ah i know, they want to increase their stats for customer use of their services so they can say i called people for 20 hours last week even though i was ringing them it makes them look more successful

"Dear (me),

Thank you for your inquiry about accessing Pop3. I’m responding to you as requested by you.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused as you’re unable to access pop3. As you’ve mentioned that you were able to access it two weeks back and now it stopped working. I’d request you to call our customer service team so this can be diagnosed further. We can get the call connected to our Technical Team who can get the same investigated.

I am sure you would appreciate that this cannot be resolved through an email due to the security reasons. Please call our Customer Service Team by dialing 333 from your mobile, free of charge or 083 333 3333 (charged at applicable mobile rates). Alternatively, I would request you to have your email address registered on the account so that we can process your requests in the future.

It is unfortunate that you as a valued customer your experience with 3 has not met with your expectations. However, we are definitely looking forward to have a long lasting relationship with you as a customer with 3. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Annabella D’Souza
    3 Customer Services"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I wrote to them saying that all security reasons are there to protect me and I hereby waive all right to that protection so please email me.

They weren't having any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I wrote to them saying that all security reasons are there to protect me and I hereby waive all right to that protection so please email me.

They weren't having any of it.

They don't want to write anything down that could then be used as evidence later on. It's much better to say it over the phone because most people won't be able to easily record a phone call. Also if you record a phone call you have to make them aware of it otherwise it's not admisssible evidence I reckon.

The issues with 3 are at the corporate level. The call centre which is outsourced has little or no control. They are also told to assure customers that they are the only person facing these problems. When you mention about the forums they soon cave in...

X

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The CS are all are in India and have no legal protection from being recorded in Indian law as individuals.

Were they in Ireland it may be legally different , but they are not are they.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

i have read that you can stream internet radio shoutcast streams (.pls files) if you mess with the n95 internet radio? any ideas?

After a bit more email tennis and a phone call, 3 have said they should be unblocking my ports within 24-48 hrs. I assume it will only be ports 25 and 110; I'm hoping they'll do all of them so I can use the A-GPS on the n95 again, but I can live without it - data rates would be horrible using it abroad anyway.

i have read that you can stream internet radio shoutcast streams (.pls files) if you mess with the n95 internet radio? any ideas?

See http://myn95.com/?p=45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The CS are all are in India and have no legal protection from being recorded in Indian law as individuals.

Were they in Ireland it may be legally different , but they are not are they.

Well after they ring you, you are better off to tell them your recording the conversation and that you are only telling them as it is Irish law because then they'll probably give honest answers as it could be used against 3 in court otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

nephster wrote: »

hi nephster, thanks for that - I have tried that without success - keep getting "playinit error =-5" - it could be that 3 do not support streaming in the first place - I must try it on a wireless connection - if it works with that it will explain things.

anyone stream radio with 3 at all using shoutcast/pls files?

hi nephster, thanks for that - I have tried that without success - keep getting "playinit error =-5" - it could be that 3 do not support streaming in the first place - I must try it on a wireless connection - if it works with that it will explain things.

Yup, if it works over wifi then you know it's all to do with the ports then :(

just spent an hour on phone to their tech guy who said some 2nd line will investigate me not having access to any site which has downloadable content! they gave free BB for a month or two so they could tag the heavy use sites and block them!

now cant even download content from their "planet three"! what a joke

• Advertisement

nephster wrote: »
    "Dear (me),

Thank you for your inquiry about accessing Pop3. I’m responding to you as requested by you.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused as you’re unable to access pop3. As you’ve mentioned that you were able to access it two weeks back and now it stopped working. I’d request you to call our customer service team so this can be diagnosed further. We can get the call connected to our Technical Team who can get the same investigated.

I am sure you would appreciate that this cannot be resolved through an email due to the security reasons. Please call our Customer Service Team by dialing 333 from your mobile, free of charge or 083 333 3333 (charged at applicable mobile rates). Alternatively, I would request you to have your email address registered on the account so that we can process your requests in the future.

It is unfortunate that you as a valued customer your experience with 3 has not met with your expectations. However, we are definitely looking forward to have a long lasting relationship with you as a customer with 3. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Annabella D’Souza
    3 Customer Services"

had two calls over the last two days from foreign sounding people claiming to be from "3" asking me for the security password from my "3" account! anyone else encounter this security issue??

on a 3 number or on another mobile network ??

they called my "3"number from some foreign (uk?) number with 0044 prefix and they claimed to be "3" customer care but how can i check their bona fides ??

Three have so few customers that their numbers are very 'guessable' , I take it you are 083

If not 083 I would feel a tad paranoid, actually make that very paranoid. :eek:

Maybe you gave the number out on the h-internit though, silly silly old you :p

well yes i have 083 number but am thinking of porting to vodafone for mobile internet/broadband

I would chill so, they guessed it.

Were 3 more competent I would tell their customer service that some scammers are bulk dialling their customers and get it blocked.

Sadly I doubt if they care in the least or would do anything to stop this ....or to warn their customers. :(

Could you post a detailed warning in the Mobile forum where more victims may see it than in here ???

well they seemed to know that i had rang "3" the previous day to complain about a broadband issue but am thinking if they were frauds they might have guessed all that?

If one were uncharitable one could assume thet EVERY three customer rings them EVERY day to complain about something :p

The uncharitable, not I of course, would not even consider that a good guess , rather an easy one in fact .

The very uncharitable , not I , would further observe that even a genuine attempt at customer relations by 3 SOUNDS like a scam or a fraud :eek:

Now off to the Mobile forum with you Foggy .

Generally 3 ring from the UK no 00447782333333, even if it's actually Mumbai calling

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »

Now off to the Mobile forum with you Foggy .

on this note i am changing tack ripidly and saying that my mobile BB is still blocking any free download sites and also sections of other sites allowing free downloads, and i'm talking about wallpapers themes etc not anything else.

Advertisement