Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod threathening violence

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Boston wrote:
    I know i'm appalled.

You just broke my funnybone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I was pushed to the limit then. :) They also made a film about it here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ruu wrote:
    I was pushed to the limit then. :) They also made a film about it here.

Pissed myself after seeing that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

STFU!!!

Don't make me go upside your head! :mad:

Oh no! I just threatened violence! :o
    *snaps*

Oh no you din't!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Zebra3 wrote:
    I'd like to complain about the mod who while locking this thread threathened violence.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055151610&page=3

Hi Welcome to the Internet. I realise you may of been 10 years too late to the rest of us but the term slaps is not considered as an act of physical violence on a person, but instead to tell people to cop the fuk on or your liable to be banned.

This explains it a little better.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fish-Slapping_Dance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

krazy_8s wrote:
    How does playing soccer improve your ability to not get slapped.

:) it should improve cardiovascular health, so he can run further with out getting a stitch and dodging skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

When mods attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You started a thread with a title that was bound to attract trolls.
    What did you expect?
    Everyone to come onto the thread and congratulate you for calling Gaelic football "bogball"?
    And then you get upset when a mod locks it.
    Jackass.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

windy bee wrote:
    To the moderator who claimed "there will be slaps", how typical of a moderator to use what little power they have to wield the sword of damocles over a topic he does not take a particular shine to, i say shame on you and you should be banned and taught some manners, it is the regular users who make this website what it is, not close-minded mundane moderators who police it "rent-a-cop" style. Wilde said “When liberty comes with hands dabbled in blood it is hard to shake hands with her.” and here you are condoning violence, ban him if you have any respect for your users.

Post of the year, TBH. :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

tom dunne wrote:
    Post of the year, TBH. :D:D:D:D:D:D
    He does come up with them...

This is what he said to me once:
    windy bee wrote:
    you remind me of Josef Tiso, only worse.

I feel like the Diet Coke of evil... :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Zebra3 wrote:
    I'd like to complain about the mod who while locking this thread threathened violence.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055151610&page=3

Oh dear. Well if he slaps you, you just slap him right back. Though in fairness, I think he should be commended for making the long journey from America to Ireland to give naughty users slaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I remember there was a similar thread a while back with someone whinging because they took a moderator's threat of a bitchslapping literally. I tried searching for it, but the likelihood that they spelt "moderator" incorrectly makes it difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Stark wrote:
    Oh dear. Well if he slaps you, you just slap him right back. Though in fairness, I think he should be commended for making the long journey from America to Ireland to give naughty users slaps.

I think he should be slapped himself for being in America - off to boards.us with him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

metaphor: n 1. a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable (e.g. food for thought).
    2. a thing symbolic of something else.
    [Greek > metapherein "to transfer"]

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

That's right... it was a metaphor.

By slaps... he actually meant anal rape!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

In fairness the same mod said they were going to the admins when they thought I was going to travel over to the states and harm them ..... don't get me wrong the OP here does need a slap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

6th wrote:
    In fairness the same mod said they were going to the admins when they thought I was going to travel over to the states and harm them ..... don't get me wrong the OP here does need a slap.

Your ability to detect and appreciate irony is only matched by your ability to post common sense.
    Thaedydal wrote:
    Does the mod of that forum have ability to go and track down and administer physical chastisement to the posters ? No.

On review, you will find that the answer to that question, is infact, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

323575u9qdc3osgj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

windy bee wrote:
    To the moderator who claimed "there will be slaps", how typical of a moderator to use what little power they have to wield the sword of damocles over a topic he does not take a particular shine to, i say shame on you and you should be banned and taught some manners, it is the regular users who make this website what it is, not close-minded mundane moderators who police it "rent-a-cop" style. Wilde said “When liberty comes with hands dabbled in blood it is hard to shake hands with her.” and here you are condoning violence, ban him if you have any respect for your users.

Eh...Mods. When you're finished with the "Sword of Damocles" can I have a loan of it? I need to fight a level 18 monster in the Cave of Despair :D

I think we've got another Matt Holck in this one...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

*slaps Zebra3*

/runs from assault charges.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

LOL
    Like psi could actually bitch slap anyone :D
    Now, me on the other hand....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

*Grabs popcorn and seat* Go Ruthie!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

DarkJager wrote:
    *Grabs popcorn and seat* Go Ruthie!!! :D
    *Slap* Back into the bar you ! There's drinkin to be done :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Beruthiel wrote:
    LOL

Never truer words spoken.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Beruthiel wrote:
    LOL
    Where do I sign up?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

there are people who would love an aul slap off psi....

(i reckon 6th secretly does!) **

** not necessarily true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thaedydal wrote:
    Does the mod of that forum have ability to go and track down and administer physical chastisement to the posters ? No.

In fairness, this could be seen as a threat to those who have a USB powered slapping machine that the mod can hack into over the interweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Goddammit people, where are the cat pictures?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tom dunne wrote:

I suppose I'll get it started.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

tom dunne wrote:

I think we got bored of them tbh.

Advertisement