Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod for boxing forum.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Shhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

me and dlofnep heve gone on record that we would be willing to do it, between both of us we're regularly on the forum, and all the regular visitors know us from the forum, i think its a no brainer really.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

unfortunately for you and dlofnep there is a longstanding tradition on boards of not making mods of those who overtly promote themselves for the role.

oh and then there is the Amp Test?

1. Do you have experience in a leadership position (manager in McDonalds doesn't count)?

2. Do you often have maniacal thoughts of world domination?

3. Do you often arrive home late at night, drunk out of your skull, go on to the boards and have the urge to call people names and then give out tons of karma, before puking up on your keyboard?

4. Do you wear a tin-foil hat?

5. Can you speak fluent |33t5p3@k?

6. Have you taped up your windows to prevent sunlight from obscuring your monitor?

7. Can your trouser legs be easily rolled up?

8. Do you feel that somehow you are out of place and that somewhere there is a group of people that feel the same and that you can relate to and find some meaning in the world without the need for worldly goods?

Thank you for your time, please send your application, along with your worldly goods to:

Dianetics International,
    Abbey Street,
    Dublin 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I don't care who moderates tbh.. I'm happy enough just posting and keeping the boxing forum active as there are a great bunch of walking boxing encyclopedias in there that keep the discussions interesting. I've already said cowzer, walshb or big ears would all make great mods in there. I never once asked to be the moderator of the forum. I just said I would if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

1. Do you have experience in a leadership position (manager in McDonalds doesn't count)?

The girlfiend let me get on top last year. It only lasted a minute, but I felt like a real man.

Who have you been talking to?

3. Do you often arrive home late at night, drunk out of your skull, go on to the boards and have the urge to call people names and then give out tons of karma, before puking up on your keyboard?

Does it have to be at night?

Aluminum foil hat, tin doesn't work.

Nope.

6. Have you taped up your windows to prevent sunlight from obscuring your monitor?

I taped up my monitor to stop it obscuring my sunlight. It was early, I was drunk. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Not an issue if I'm not wearing trousers.

8. Do you feel that somehow you are out of place and that somewhere there is a group of people that feel the same and that you can relate to and find some meaning in the world without the need for worldly goods?

F*ck no, touch my pc and die a horrible painfull death.

If I pass will Amp stop touching me? Also who do I collect my cert off of?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

krazy_8s wrote:
    Also who do I collect my cert off of?

Amp, you have to take it out of his pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

dlofnep wrote:
    I just said I would if need be.

Do you think its needed? Is there something the current mods aren't doing or doing badly? Sounds like people just need to report posts.

6th wrote:
    Do you think its needed? Is there something the current mods aren't doing or doing badly? Sounds like people just need to report posts.

Well - no moderator is active in there, and we get posters like that book guy who throw their dribble on a perfectly good thread and ruin it for the OP - not to mention he continously posted and insulted for days without anything being said - that wouldn't happen on another forum. I think we need an active mod.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

6th wrote:
    Sounds like people just need to report posts.

Ah but that requires us to click buttons, the inhumanity of it all. :(

dlofnep wrote:
    Well - no moderator is active in there, and we get posters like that book guy who throw their dribble on a perfectly good thread and ruin it for the OP. I think we need an active mod.

Or when you see someone posting dribble in a perfectly good thread, you report the post and Ruggie will take the 10 seconds it takes to deal with it.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote:
    Well - no moderator is active in there, and we get posters like that book guy who throw their dribble on a perfectly good thread and ruin it for the OP - not to mention he continously posted and insulted for days without anything being said - that wouldn't happen on another forum. I think we need an active mod.

Did you report the posts? If not why not?

Fine whatever, we'll do without a moderator. :rolleyes:

dlofnep wrote:
    Fine whatever, we'll do without a moderator. :rolleyes:

You have a moderator!

You have a moderator!

He's a bear! He doesn't have the dexterity in his fingers to type and take part in the forum!

dlofnep wrote:
    He's a bear! He doesn't have the dexterity in his fingers to type and take part in the forum!

Bears don't have fingers.

dlofnep wrote:

Its ok to joke but you are essentially saying he isnt doing his "job".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

RuggieBear wrote:
    unfortunately for you and dlofnep there is a longstanding tradition on boards of not making mods of those who overtly promote themselves for the role.

Thank you for your time, please send your application, along with your worldly goods to:

Dianetics International,
    Abbey Street,
    Dublin 1.

Do you anal bleach?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Do you anal bleach?
    Oh. You again.

Do you anal bleach?

Take your fantasies to sex and sexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

RuggieBear wrote:

Dianetics International,
    Abbey Street,
    Dublin 1.
    Back in 1993 one band saw through all of this.

Also, if you can't agree on a mod, I'll take it.
    If only to pimp my cousins' and their attempts at making it in the boxing world. (They box in Dunboyne. My father helped found the club).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

6th wrote:

Not really, tbh.

Can someone tell us (boxing forum) how we get a moderator on the boxing forum that we want? somebody that wants the forum to be succesful and knows what there talking about on boxing and will be welcomed by the regulars on the forum? i dont know why anyone would want to moderate a forum they have no interest in anyway-any help would be appreciated.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Usually the outgoing moderator would pick someone he or she thought would be a good replacement - an active member of the forum who knows a lot about the subject and will be fair and level-headed. In your case, the active users will know themselves who's a good contributor and who might be a good mod. You can suggest them to the CMod, but it's ultimately the decision of the Admins.

Seriously, what do you think a moderator has to do? The people make the forum not the moderator!

If the current mods are doing something wrong then post up here what the problems are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

yep, i can pm an admin with someone i reckon will do a good job.

And then the admin can choose whoever they want.

6th wrote:

No, I'm saying he's not an active member of the forum and it's a better showing for the forum if the moderator takes an active role in it. Now shoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Or, and just bear with my on this amazing concept.

You could, well, use the report post function.

dlofnep wrote:
    No, I'm saying he's not an active member of the forum and it's a better showing for the forum if the moderator takes an active role in it. Now shoo.

But he doesnt need to be. You are only looking for one because you guys want one of your own.

If you bother reporting posts they will be dealt with. If the users dont take the time to report posts then they are the kind of users that wouldnt make good mods.

I'm not having a dig at anyone because I'm sure you are all decent enough ... its just you are asking for something you dont need.

What if the Admins choose not to give you what you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

RuggieBear wrote:
    big ears will do
    cowserp wrote:
    Can someone tell us (boxing forum) how we get a moderator on the boxing forum that we want? somebody that wants the forum to be succesful and knows what there talking about on boxing and will be welcomed by the regulars on the forum? i dont know why anyone would want to moderate a forum they have no interest in anyway-any help would be appreciated.
    Your point is?

• Advertisement

henbane wrote:
    Your point is?
    it was not a point-it was a question.
    6th wrote:
    But he doesnt need to be. You are only looking for one because you guys want one of your own.

If you bother reporting posts they will be dealt with. If the users dont take the time to report posts then they are the kind of users that wouldnt make good mods.

I'm not having a dig at anyone because I'm sure you are all decent enough ... its just you are asking for something you dont need.

What if the Admins choose not to give you what you want?
    Why would someone with no interest in boxing want to moderate the forum? the mods can stop problems before they begin just by been present or giving a gentle warning-there is people on the forum that read every post-whats the problem with wanting 1 of our own to moderate the forum? its all simple stuff really, what is the problem?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement