Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod for boxing forum.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

6th wrote:
    Ok but that doesnt mean you are right.
    o'k you win then.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

cowzerp wrote:
    There is a nice little community on the boxing forum at the moment and ruggie is not part of that-a mod that is active will try to keep posts going and create an interest in the boxing forum by posting new ideas-as it stands we try to do that but if we cant moderate our own forum then it all seems a bit petty-there is other forums and this is the 1 we are using, does anyone not agree that an active moderator is better? most people on the boxing forum would not even know ruggie is the mod, i go on the martial arts forum and speak regularly with the martial arts mods who all talk about martial arts. it makes it more personal..
    Having an interest in the topic and moderating the forum where that topic is debated are 2 separate issues. Believe it or not a mod has to step in at times to control the going ons so would you ask a referee at a football match to play as well as reffing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its not about winning and I am not getting at you. I'd be the first to agree if the current mod wasnt actually doinf what a mod is meant to do.

Its up to the users to build the community.

muffler wrote:
    Having an interest in the topic and moderating the forum where that topic is debated are 2 separate issues. Believe it or not a mod has to step in at times to control the going ons so would you ask a referee at a football match to play as well as reffing?
    i would expect a football referee to be interested in football, and actually be suprised if they did not love football-thats why we want a mod thats active and keeps control of the forum through presence and pre warnings if necessary-thats my opinion-im going to leave it there for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

cowzerp wrote:
    i would expect a football referee to be interested in football, and actually be suprised if they did not love football-thats why we want a mod thats active and keeps control of the forum through presence and pre warnings if necessary-thats my opinion-im going to leave it there for now.
    You wouldn't expect the referee to take the ball and start dribbling on the grass with it though would you? (Rhetorical question)

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote:

A referee doesn't pre-warn. The players should know the rules (read the charter) and the ref only gets involved when they need too.

Now I'm not saying a mod cant be interested in the topic, its great if they do, I'm saying the forum is being modded at the moment but if it wasnt then sure why not have a mod who has an interest.

6th wrote:
    A referee doesn't pre-warn. The players should know the rules (read the charter) and the ref only gets involved when they need too.
    Actually refs do pre warn-its called persistent fouling if you foul after been warned a number of times.
    The fouling players on the boxing forum are usually visitors on the wind up about how bad boxing is for you etc..

Ok so if yu report someone then a current mod will warn or ban them. If they have been warned previously and do it again I'm sure a current mod will ban them. The mod is doing all that he is menat to do but it seems the posters arent.

6th wrote:
    Ok so if yu report someone then a current mod will warn or ban them. If they have been warned previously and do it again I'm sure a current mod will ban them. The mod is doing all that he is menat to do but it seems the posters arent.
    I've stated that i hit the button and the fella was not banned, actually ruggie bthinks he banned him but did not tell us so we where not aware he was banned,,meaning we all thought your man was still allowed on the forum-then as far as we know there is no punishment for trolling on our forum-this is not great moderating, he was just passing but regulars could deal with it properly as they are on it all the time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

cowzerp wrote:
    I've stated that i hit the button and the fella was not banned, actually ruggie bthinks he banned him but did not tell us so we where not aware he was banned,,meaning we all thought your man was still allowed on the forum-then as far as we know there is no punishment for trolling on our forum-this is not great moderating, he was just passing but regulars could deal with it properly as they are on it all the time anyway.
    it took you 4 days after he orignally posted to report one of his posts. he was then banned within an hour.

Seriously PFO with the not great moderating comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Here you go, Ruggie.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055140826

A list of five people you have banned.

and those were just the bernard dunne threads.

RuggieBear wrote:
    it took you 4 days after he orignally posted to report one of his posts. he was then banned within an hour.
    Seriously PFO with the not great moderating comments
    That means he has been on the forum posting bad stuff for 4 days without a mod telling him to stop.
    Ruggie nobody is trying to knock your moderating or get you off the boxing forum,why cant the forum have 2 or 3 mods like other forums-some active and into the forum, just trying to get people to realise that the forum will be moderated better by someone who is reading every post and has an active interest.
    im sure you have your favourite forums that the mods have the same interest and are on the same level as everyone!!
    i dont think its fair on you modding on a forum that you dont post and been expected to see stuff going on as its happening,
    anyway i did not even know you where the mod till this! that has to tell you something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Maybe you should come out of this thread with the relisation and knowledge that by simply pressing the report post button and typing in "acting the prat" you can for the most part moderate your own forum.

cowzerp wrote:
    he has been on the forum posting bad stuff for 4 days without a mod telling him to stop

Why wait 4 days to report the problem poster? The posters let the Forum down ... not the mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

6th is 100% correct on this matter.

I would elaborate, but, like posters who don't report problematic contributions, I couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

How did this thread get past post #2?

If you report the post - then there's little doubt that Ruggie will pop along and give a judgement.. the Bernard Dunne thread was perhaps an exception to the regular posts on the Boxing forum - but I got barred by Ruggie - and rightly so..

I've read the Boxing forum on occassion - and should another moderator be required - big ears would get my 12 thumbs up..

*bring back Amz

6th is 100% correct on this matter.

I printed that out and showed it to my mother ... she stuck it on the fridge.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

cowzerp wrote:
    anyway i did not even know you where the mod till this! that has to tell you something.
    Yep. It tells us you haven't looked carefully enough:

boxing.png

oscarBravo wrote:
    Yep. It tells us you haven't looked carefully enough:

boxing.png
    well done-im glad you understood my point-:eek:

• Advertisement

You had a point?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

oscarBravo wrote:
    You had a point?

Look back, I'm sure you can find one in 6 pages.

there is plenty of arzholes on this just looking for trouble, very helpful lads.
    My point was an active member of the boxing forum moderator is what we deserve and want.

But you've failed to demonstrate that it's something you need, and in the process you've demonstrated that you're not interested in helping out the existing moderators, and that you couldn't even be bothered finding out who the existing moderators are.

cowzerp wrote:
    there is plenty of arzholes on this just looking for trouble, very helpful lads.
    My point was an active member of the boxing forum moderator is what we deserve and want.
    you are not representing yourself very well with posts like that.

RuggieBear wrote:
    you are not representing yourself very well with posts like that.
    Ruggie i agree- its very frustrating when i make a genuine point and then they pretend they did not see it and try to make a laugh out of you, going around in circles because there on the wind up. thats not productive.
    Ruggiebear its hard to argue with you with that big happy bear looking back at me-is that part of the plan?

they have a few valid points. you have a few valid points.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

6th wrote:
    I printed that out and showed it to my mother ... she stuck it on the fridge.
    Maybe that was IN the fridge ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Job done. We've a new mod. You see, we could of avoided these 6 pages if 6th hadn't of blabbered on.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote:
    Job done. We've a new mod. You see, we could of avoided these 6 pages if 6th hadn't of blabbered on.

Whatever the result I think people got the right idea about you, have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement