Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod for boxing forum.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Got bored, so decided to read this thread.

I summarise as follows:
    6th wrote:
    I really, really want to show I'd be a good Mod.
    The Mods wrote:
    We don't want any Mods here, since those asking criticised the existing ones.
    We think an interested Mod is necessary, or at least be an asset.
    Carbon copy of what happened when the Darts Forum regulars asked for an interested Mod. Same result - admins agreed.

Whilst the regulars were somewhat misguided in asking for a Mod due to (in part, their own shortcomings in not reporting posts) one incident, the underlying fact is that (though not a prerequisite) an interested Mod is an asset to a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I see cast you still have a horn for me cast_iron .... is it because you didnt like my sig that time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

6th wrote:
    Christ you really dont get it? Maybe one too many punches to the head.

Heres how it is:

1) Posters who cant report posts = bad posters + would be bad mods

2) Posters who report posts and build the community = good posters

3) Mod who doesnt respond to reported posts = bad mod

4) Mod who acts once a post is reported = good mod

Its looking like we have a case of 1 and 4.

6th I really think you are an imbicile. Thats not an insult btw. I actually think you are am imbicile as in A person whose mental acumen is well below par.. like in a fact kind of way.

Just some feedback for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

6th I really think you are an imbicile. Thats not an insult btw. I actually think you are am imbicile as in A person whose mental acumen is well below par.. like in a fact kind of way.

Just some feedback for you.

Hmm, heads for the report post button. See its that easy.

I like you 6th, I like the cut of your jib.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

How did this simple thread turn into this massive pile of ****e. Having mods who have a interest in the subject matter is a benefit, its not required. The Cmods where never meant to do anything more then take up the slack, its ruggies call as to whether he's being asked to do too much there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

can someone just create a new random forum for the sole purpose of letting Mr. 6th be a mod of something (anything).

Then ban him from feedback.

seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm coming into your mind while you sleep clown bag!

Anyway, my points in this thread where common sense, having that doesnt mean you are a mod or want to be one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement