Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guitar insurance

Options
  • 17-09-2007 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Does anyone know a firm who will insure my guitar please. I have recently moved to Ireland from the UK and had to cancel my UK insuarnce as they would not insure me here. Thanks

Ray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

What kinda guitar? Anything less than a grand I put on my house insurance (which I THINK covers me even if I take it out of the house, as that would come under reasonable usage.). Stuff that cost me over a grand - a Martin D 15 - I put down as an even thousand. I'll pay the extra hundred or so if the worst happens. You'll run into problems with a PRS or D28 or something that costs mega-bucks, but again if you've home insurance I'd talk to them about insuring it seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Also try asking in the Instruments forum, and I think there's an Insurance forum somewhere under "Biz"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i have my stuff insured with 123.ie. basically theres no insurance company in Ireland who just insures instruments. but 123's household policy is cheap and lets you name 4 specific items that are covered outside of the house against accidental damage or theft

Advertisement