Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

P990i

• 17-09-2007 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Just bought p990i in US for €250. But having probs with it. I have updated to latest software but no change. My problems are almost exact same as:

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/thread.jspa?messageID=108475
    "Is the phone aspect of the handset seamingly crashing for anybody else after a few hours of use. The Pda aspect still functions though after this happens, another short few hours after this it then restarts displaying the "Phone was restarted to improve performance"

I really dont care about the little bugs here and there, what i do care about is having the loudspeaker working, the ability to leave the phone on for more than a short few hours and still be able to make and recieve calls and text messages without having to shutdown the device and start it up again. I dont want to have to constantly worry about my phone not being able to recieve calls after a while especially on what may be very important calls.

Can anyone using the P990i please reply, is the problem i am having just a fluke from a bad model or are others actually experiencing the same thing.

One thing i neglected to mention in my original thread is if i try to make a phone call after the problem asserts itself the phone will instantly freeze upon trying to dial out

I posted this here as i may have posted my Oringinal thread in the wrong forum

My Original Post is Below:
    or @ http://developer.sonyericsson.com/thread.jspa?threadID=40229&tstart=0

Has anyone else noticed on their handsets a problem with not receiving calls/ text messages after a few hours of the phone being powered on. the only way for me to check and see if the phone can still accept calls is to press the power button. If the power menu comes on it still works, i then cancel it and put it back in my pocket, however if the power menu doesnt display at all i have to hold the powerbutton down for a good few seconds to turn the phone off, and then back on again. The phone aspect of the device will not remain operational for more than a few hours

I have also had the problem of leaving the phone completely unused for a day and then coming back to use it only to realise its powered off even just after being fully charged and being idle for the day. Whenever this happens the phone will not turn back on again, the splashscreen will display but the phone will imediately power off like the battery was empty, it will not turn on again until i plug in the charger and notice that it starts charging an already 90% charged battery

Was this ever an issue that any firmware addressed or is mine just a really bad model. Also my loudspeaker doesnt work anymore, it has to get send back eitherway.

Also the whole "phone was restarted to improve performance" is getting really old especially when it happens when the phone is not in use.

So has anyone had or still have a similar problem as mine or am i completely alone here with my paperweight, a paperweight that at the time cost €700?

Oh and its definitely not a battery issue as 2 months ago my phone displayed another message upon beginning to charge it "Replace main batteries". i then bought an new battery and i've still had all the same problems. with the brand new battery i sometimes get the replace main batteries message the odd time"

Problem is that i have been told by a guy in carphone warehouse that as i got phone unlocked in US, so i could use it here, he says warranty is invalidated!

i dont believe this. Has anyone else had any similar experiences

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

warranty applies to the us. most warranties are area specific. a phone you bought in europe would likewise have to be repaired there.

you could probably post the phone back to a repair company in the us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

are u sure warranty still applies even though phone was unlocked (by the retailer)?

Advertisement