Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile phone got wet. How to fix?

• 17-09-2007 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been done before but I didn't find any other threads in my search :)

Own a Nokia 6300. It was in the jacket of my motorcycle jacket and unfortunatly I was outside in the rain for so long the jacket got thoroughly wet.

I noticed it was powered off when I got back and it would not power on and there was condensation inside the screen.
    I took the battery out and left in the hot press all day today.

But just home and the phone powers on, the backlight works but no screen or graphics appear. No sound either, just a blank screen

Would another 2-3 days of drying out help or is it gone for good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Hmm.. i just know this because it has happened me on more than one occasion, but generally repair centres dont touch anything with water damage. Beyond economical repair is what they usually call it.

I think you may just have to bite the bullet on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

could still just be damp leave it for a few more days take cover off if you can and if you have the tools take it apart. Ive had a phone diefrom water damage and come back after a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

apparently, if you spray it liberally with wd40, it displaces the water.
    wd40 stands for waterdisplacement40, there 40th version, the 1st that actually worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Water damage will eventually ruin the phone it might work for a while but it will go might take a few days might take weeks maybe months the problem with getting them repaired is that most of the damage happens later when the metal bits start corroding - and for Jesus' sake don't use WD40 on it that will not work!
    I used to work in a phone shop many years ago and a guy arrived in with his phone dripping wet - he was amazed it wasn't working - when I asked him how it got wet he said he was using it in the shower - I sh1t you not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

There might be some useful advice for you here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321492

• Advertisement
Advertisement