Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The "Thrash Revival"

• 17-09-2007 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Well with Ireland's own Gama Bomb just signed to Earache, Evile being fairly recently signed too, more interest in SSS and Municipal Waste it's great to see that interest has been taken again by the masses in Thrash.

But even better again, all the original Thrasher's back on the road, Onslaught playing for the second time here this year in November along side Destruction and expecting Testament's new album out next year too. I can't say i'm not happy about it! :D

What are your thoughts on it? Is it good exposure? Personally i fear that Trivium and such rubbish will be tagged with bands like Municipal Waste etc.. As has happened in Kerrang already, or NME (proclaiming "Thrash is back!" it never went away!! :mad: :mad: ).

Anyways! Thoughts?! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I don't care if it's good exposure or not, all I know is Destruction are gonna be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

damn right it never went away, it just had a kit kat...
    exodus, Kreator, death angel, obituary... great gigs,,
    mass extinction are keeping the flame alive here too...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are Gama Bomb any good?? Never heard of em??

I can't remember the last Thrash album I bought??? Used to listen to that stuff when I was younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Got Evile's album when it came out, excellent stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Thrash isn't back, the old bands sound very different to how they sounded 20 years ago and there are quite a few new bands playing something similar but they're only treading in the footsteps of what's gone before. These guys need to create their own sound like the original wave of bands did, rather than just rehashing someone else's tunes, otherwise it's just half assed tribute music. Anyone remember Oasis? ;)

Besides, it's all about the white boot runners and painted on black jeans, not about fast riffs :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Doctor J wrote:
    These guys need to create their own sound like the original wave of bands did, rather than just rehashing someone else's tunes, otherwise it's just half assed tribute music.

Completely agree, hate all this retro thrash stuff with a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

half assed tribute music'll do me...
    i'm just not into the modern falsetto / farting vocals, every solo an arpeggio, snare blasts that's intrisic in metal today..
    i'm happy to live in the past..

one mans thrash........................................:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Aye prefer old skool thrash myself too but that's not to say the new stuff is bad. As happy as i am to see new bands they don't seem to be doing much different really, some are bit samey :/ But sure i guess it's only the beginning!

Are Gama Bomb any good?? Never heard of em??

I can't remember the last Thrash album I bought??? Used to listen to that stuff when I was younger.

Gama Bomb's myspace http://www.myspace.com/gamabomb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

Doctor J wrote:
    Besides, it's all about the white boot runners and painted on black jeans, not about fast riffs :p

Hahahahahaha....ahahahahaha....hahahahaha
    Best comment ever, give that man a can of coke.Deadly:D

Advertisement