Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE PPV'S 3 for the price of 2 on Sky box office.

• 17-09-2007 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this has been posted already but just noticed (or more precisely received E-mail about it :) ) on the Sky Sports magazine that Sky Box office are doing a special offer in where you get 3 PPV'S for the price of 2. It's on the top of page 10, September edition. Anything to save a few bob.:D

Love WWE? Call 0818719821 from 1 Sep for an exclusive 3 for 2 offer. You'll get NO MERCY on 7 Oct, SURVIVOR (SERIES) on 18 Nov and ARMAGEDDON on 16 Dec for only €43.90 - that's a saving of €21.95!

P.S. did a search nothing came up.:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

JeanClaude wrote:
    Don't know if this has been posted already but just noticed (or more precisely received E-mail about it :) ) on the Sky Sports magazine that Sky Box office are doing a special offer in where you get 3 PPV'S for the price of 2. It's on the top of page 10, September edition. Anything to save a few bob.:D
    P.S. did a search nothing came up.:p

Yeah i see that in the mag myself.To be honest ill NEVER buy a box office ppv again!
    Heres why:

Wwe/wrestling has gotten so bad of late,overall its likely just not gonna be worth it!

You can get the dvd for €17 of silvervision eventually,if you but three you get a 10% discount!

Also ive seen amazon had the Vengeance ppv with the american cover(better in my view) for less than €15 and you would get it MUCH quicker than the silvervision one!Plus everyone has multregion dvd playes now!!

Or if your after one match or spot only like that joey mercury getting his face taken of by a ladder theres you tube and probably numerous other sites to see it on!!

FINALLY sky costs around €80 a month and throw in a ppv every second month say(they are getting more frequent)thats up to a hundred euro a month your handing sky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Not enough people paying for it is the only reason this is happening. If enough people stop paying for it then hopefully it will stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Not enough people paying for it is the only reason this is happening. If enough people stop paying for it then hopefully it will stop.
    I second that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

€22.95 is a downright ripoff, as stated its nearly the price of a DVD, and the WWE's pay per views are so hit and miss (mainly miss) these days you couldnt justify it

But if it came down to it I'd rather buy a wrestling PPV than boxing because it is guaranteed to last at least 3 hours

I dont know how the WWE sell pay per views in America we get most of them for free well relative to your sky package cost, but in America they are $30-$40 which in America is alot.

They take the piss with more than one a month aswell 12 ppvs max and it shouldnt even be that (we have Bischoff to thank for that)

PPVS arent that special anymore in this era of tv specials and stuff, they come around too often and are mostly thrown together last minute

Especially Smackdown solo ppvs when they were doing,them the whole card was announced two days before the ppv sometimes.

Anywho thats my 2cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

EdK wrote:
    They take the piss with more than one a month aswell 12 ppvs max and it shouldnt even be that (we have Bischoff to thank for that)

Easy to say that now, but at the time (94-95) it was revolutionary! And people bought into it as they were getting that pretty much anyway with Clash Of The Champions (WCW's version of SNME).

And it did work until WWE no longer had a rival promotion.

The problem altogether is RAW and SD, period! Before 94, we had Superstar v Jobber matches with occasional main events. Now we have RAW and SD with every match being a main event, so to speak.

Another problem is SNME. These are just glorified RAW's and SD's and ECW matches! What made SNME work from 85-92 was they were at a period where they were at 1-4 PPV's a year. Good luck with that working now!

VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement