Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do NTL respond to customer complaint letters??

Options
  • 17-09-2007 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

Sent a letter of Complaint on August 27th regarding my NTL Broadband, haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Has anyone here sent a letter/s.

Did you get a response? How long were you waiting?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If you put the words "Formal Complaint", they are obligated to reply or your next recourse is to go to ComReg. Goood luck with that one :)

Process
    ======
    1. Write a FORMAL letter of COMPLAINT [Mention in the letter that you are MAKING A FORMAL COMPLAINT]. Detail your issues. Maybe remind them that they have 10 business days to respond before you approach ComReg.

3. Send it to NTL by REGISTERED POST. Just to be ABSOLUTELY sure that they receive it. Funnily, they ONLY have a PO Box address and don't publish a proper address.
    ntl
    Complaints Department
    PO Box 321,
    Dublin 3

4. Wait for 10 business days [Monday through Friday x 2. Add extra days if there are any holidays in between. Don't include Saturday's or Sundays] or until NTL reply

5. When NTL don't reply [they may do, but it's unlikely], ring ComReg. Tell them you want to make a complaint about NTL Broadband. They will tell you to do step 1 through step 3 above. Tell them that you have done that already. Offer to email them a softcopy.

6. ComReg should intervene and contact NTL on your behalf.

7. ComReg's job is done. NTL *MAY* contact you to resolve the situation but they are not compelled to. ComReg can only ask for their assistance in the matter. They cannot force NTL to do anything.

8. ComReg may contact you with updates.

9. Depending on the outcome of steps 6 though 8, if you are not satisfied, you may take NTL to the Small Claims Court. It only costs you €9 [I thought it used to be more.]

10. Good Luck and don't hold your breath. This is a long winded way of doing it, but it's the right way. You may get extremely [rather than very] frustrated, if you try to shortcut this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Thanks for all that info!

Sounds like a right pain in the arse, feckin NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

comreg has absolutely NO jurisdiction over ntl. Try the National Consumer Agency

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

amtc wrote:
    comreg has absolutely NO jurisdiction over ntl. Try the National Consumer Agency

WRONG, once you follow the complaints procedure Comreg have jurisdiction but not until NTL fail to follow their end of the procedure, thats the 10 day wait in effect.

Inaccurate billing is also a Comreg issue

NTL are after all licenced by comreg and must have a complaints procedure and accurate billing . This applies to all licencees.

You should also complain to the National Consumer Agency , www.nca.ie . This would be for failure to provide goods which are "fit for the purpose" and "of merchantable quality" ( ie BB thats Broad ) and also if NTL lock you into an 'unfair contract 'by taking money for 12 months and not supplying the service.

There is also the small claims court where you always win because NTL never show up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I sent a complaint via email to UPC Customer Support [customer.support@upc.ie] and stated a name I'd wrangled off a call service person (I can pm the name to you if you want) and they got back to me within a day or two. Once I had the name then I was able to reply directly to that person. Their customer service is just a joke to be honest. My complaint was ntl digital related but it should be the same process I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

I wrote to their CEO to complain in addition to cutting their cables from the eaves of my house. I did eventually get a reply, an apology and €100 euro written off my final bill.

However I would say that you are better off saving yourself the grief and moving to another service provider if possible NTL (now UPS) really are the pits when it comes to customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Irish TLR,

I am in fact correct. ComReg lost jurisdiction over NTL around 2003 - have a lok at askcomreg.ie whch states this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

amtc wrote:
    Irish TLR,

I am in fact correct. ComReg lost jurisdiction over NTL around 2003 - have a lok at askcomreg.ie whch states this

Comreg DEREGULATED NTL in 2003 but NTL are still a licencee and subject to the General Authorisation issued by comreg which is the modern name for a licence. Comreg lost nothing, they stopped regulating cable prices in 2003 themselves.

Ask comreg is , of course, a litany of excuses for comreg to do nothing which is what comreg excel at.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

BCI regulates the TV/Radio content of the cable. Presumably Comreg must have some responsibility for the Phone Service and Broadband services people offer, whether on cable or not?

Advertisement