Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation?

• 17-09-2007 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Im currently homeless. I was wondering does anyone here have a place close to campus and needs a roomie! At the moment sleeping on the floors of mates, among other much much much less hospitable places. Im already toilet trained and clean. m/23

Will pay rent in money / and or Old Grey Men dances

G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I saw a poster about a shared room in clonskeagh - it was up in the trap, but I think it was female only. Accomodation seems to be a serious problem at the moment - wasn't there some sort of sleep-out on the steps of Leinster House the other day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

yeah the SU had a thing there to highlight the cause ....... i think im going to have to go Titanic on this situation and don Scragg's best frock and wig.

Women and Children first and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

"So this is the ship they say is unsinkable. :confused: "
    "It is unsinkable. God himself couldn't sink this ship."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

What are Griffith Halls like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

What are Griffith Halls like?
    Nice but expensive and a bit of a trek. As far as I know they're booked solid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

More places are becoming available on res. Are you on the list grimes??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Grimes wrote:
    Hi

Im currently homeless. I was wondering does anyone here have a place close to campus and needs a roomie!
    G

If i recall correctly, arent you from Dublin? You could just temporarily move home till you find a decent place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

More places are becoming available on res. Are you on the list grimes??

How do I get on the list!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

If you applied for accommodation and you were unsuccessful you are automatically on the list for accommodation. If you did not apply for campus you are not eligible to apply to be on the waiting list for campus currently.

However after Christmas a normal waiting list may resume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Just been looking on Daft.ie, there seems to be a good few rooms in the Stillorgan/Dundrum area. That wouldn't be too bad if you have a bike, plus the 11 goes from Stillorgan or the 46A.

Dunno how choosy you're being but there seems to be a good few rooms in houses up for viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

If you applied for accommodation and you were unsuccessful you are automatically on the list for accommodation. If you did not apply for campus you are not eligible to apply to be on the waiting list for campus currently.

However after Christmas a normal waiting list may resume.
    If thats the case then how come I haven't heard anything from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

gubbie wrote:
    If thats the case then how come I haven't heard anything from them?

totally agree, thats complete bullshít to be honest.

i still havent got anywhere and campus is "full" even though a mate of mine got in last week. accomm people are so full of shít

You're third year, not final, you're not allowed on campus this year i'm afraid unless you're one of the special people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Is it just me or did the % of accomodation reserved for 1st years sharply decline this year? I saw a figure quoted of around 30% this year. I could have sworn it was 50%+ last year.

No id' say not.

This year pretty much all of Merville, Belgrove and Roebuck Hall is first years.

The amount of final year places have sharply declined, it's around 280 places for 3rd,4th, 5th and 6th years out of around 2,000 places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

I commute pretty far, about 3hrs a day, it's not that bad.
    I don't really feel sorry for all the students who couldn't find accommodation within an hour of UCD and so decided not to come to college. There is accommodation available on the Northside and out towards Tallaght.

Advertisement