Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Future proofing

• 17-09-2007 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey building my own house and fancy getting some kind of home cinema and networking cabling in.I got a price from Smarthomes and it was a ridiculous price is there any way to wire it myself.Ireally want to future proof it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Homer

www.abitana.com for future proof home network panel ... they should be able to locate a dealer in your area.
    Universal outlets in each room that can be assigned to be anything you want i.e. tv/phone/broadband/printer/pc/audio etc etc.
    PM me if you need any further help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pocky

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

www.soundaround.ie

works out about 330 euro per room, and any sparks can fit it at 1st fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pocky

kceire wrote: »
    www.soundaround.ie

works out about 330 euro per room, and any sparks can fit it at 1st fix.

Isn't that only multiroom audio?

From there page:
    "Finally a multiroom audio solution for every electrical contractor."
    and:
    "THIS IS NOT A CAT5 Based system. So there’s no IP, no network hubs or routers and no professional AV installers."

So you need an additional network cabling infrastructure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Casey711

If you are looking for a CAT5 based system try www.systemline.co.uk

• Advertisement
Advertisement