Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Flash Player Problems

Options
  • 17-09-2007 8:41pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Running Vista Ultimate and when I attempt to install Adobe Flash Player from Adobe.com, I keep getting a message to uninstall Flash then reinstall. Went through uninstall more than once, but continue to get the same uninstall and reinstall message. Could this be a Vista problem? Also read a problem was generated between Flash Player and Apollo (but I cannot find Apollo on my system). Anyone have similar problems and solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Is this flash player for IE or Firefox/Mozilla?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I've had a similar problem in the past: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2 seems to remove it fully.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

CptSternn wrote:
    Is this flash player for IE or Firefox/Mozilla?
    Hi CptSternn...It's for IE 7. I went to the Adobe site recommended by Evil Phil and they suggested some changes to IE Active X and plugins, but when I looked, all that they had recommended was already done. I did lower the security level from medium-high to medium, but that did not correct the problem.

I did their uninstall on the Adobe page, but when I tried to install the Windows version Flash Player it just cycled forever and did not install. I also tried their zipped programme, saved it, unzipped it, but then nothing happened.

I had already lowered my Kaspersky Internet Security suite to minimum before attempting to install the first time and have kept it down whenever repeating the process. I have also used Vista Ultimate administrator privileges, but to no avail.

Not sure what to try next...

Advertisement