Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Car Park Fiasco

Options
  • 17-09-2007 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭

Anybody else sick to death of the Tesco car park being taken over by boy racers at night?, I didn't mind it so much at first cus I figured it kept them the hell away from me but now I'm living close to Tesco and go there a fair bit, with these gob ****es flying through the car park and doing their little doughnuts your taking your life into your hands walking through there...Is there any grounds for a complaint?, is doing doughnuts considered wreckless driving?, because I know for a fact that the shopping centre there has very powerful cameras that can zoom in on number plates....so getting rid of these little sh!ts wouldn't be too hard...anyone wanna chime in on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

If a posse of people report at the same time action will be taken. Name a time & we'll gather a posse! Something needs to be done about all those young drivers that scare me everyday as they overtake me without indicators! Any bets they practice in Tesco?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Same thing goes on in the Dyke road car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Ring An Garda Siochana, thats why they are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

I was gonna post about this before.
    I pass through the car park most days.I dont give a **** if their into their cars and thats their thing.I can put up with them gauking at ya as ya pass.Let them off.

But when they feel they can tare through expecting you to run out of their way.And feel the need to rev as they drive up behind you(to prove what??). And my girlfriend has been intimadated a few times before. Because their very brave when theres a car full of them and shes passing on her own.

any time theres a few of them its a nightmare, I was nearly run down as some fu<kdog in poor excuse for modified opel......Aparently a 'no fear' sticker on the window gives you the right to drive over 'no entry' whiteline(the part beside the lane where you collect drive through). I jumped back outa the way puling my gf with me. and do you think he even noticed.Once he parked i nearly went for the ****.But whats the point when theres six cars worth of the gimps there.

**** cars most of the time too.

Thats my rant anyway.But if they are that reckless in a car park what are they like on the road?

If you message me when they are there.I will destroy their car for ye.:)
    Nothng more rewarding than ending some knackers cars life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

**** cars all of the time too.

Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

These bastards are ruining the galway dogging scene. Have they no morals?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Doesn't Tesco/Galway shopping centre have a security guard around during the evening/night. As it is private property they could at least call the garda and complain as it intimidates potential customers it's in their best interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

GALWAY CRUISERS - LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see these stickers stuck on the window's of absolute sh1teboxes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

brinepacer wrote:
    These bastards are ruining the galway dogging scene. Have they no morals?

Excellent! :D

As for the boy racers, I personally love it when they come up behind me revving their engine, trying to force me to let them past, usually on a dark road where there's **** all hard shoulder anyway. I take pleasure in slowing right down and keeping them behind me - it annoys them no end. Revenge for all the **** driving we have to put up with from them :D

I was in hospital a few years ago in Donegal in the orthopaedic ward - there was a 17 year old who had been in a bad smash, driving his souped up 1 litre Vauxhall Nova to show off to some girl. She wasn't too badly injured, but he was going to walk with a bad limp for the rest of his life. He fvckin regretted being a boy racer I can tell you....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

Excellent! :D

As for the boy racers, I personally love it when they come up behind me revving their engine, trying to force me to let them past, usually on a dark road where there's **** all hard shoulder anyway. I take pleasure in slowing right down and keeping them behind me - it annoys them no end. Revenge for all the **** driving we have to put up with from them :D

I was in hospital a few years ago in Donegal in the orthopaedic ward - there was a 17 year old who had been in a bad smash, driving his souped up 1 litre Vauxhall Nova to show off to some girl. She wasn't too badly injured, but he was going to walk with a bad limp for the rest of his life. He fvckin regretted being a boy racer I can tell you....

Nice 1! I do the same. I cant stand them, I hear the NCT is getting tougher so these morons wont be able to drive their 'souped up' cars any more?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The new NCT procedure is

1. measure length of the boys knob
    2 measure width of exhaust
    3. If 2 is wider than 1 is long then crush the car forthwith .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Ha Ha yeah I do the slow down deal, really good around the city limits, they have no way to get around you...once when I was in Tesco and I was driving out I decided for a laugh to pull in beside the convoy of cars that were lined up so all their windows were in line and so was mine...I revved the engine and gave them the oul head jerk...they didn't look impressed..but fudge em!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Don't walk through the car park at night? How hard is that?

Don't walk through the car park at night? How hard is that?

Sorry but why should other people have to change their routine/route to facilitate illegal and discourteous behaviour by others? Some people don't have cars and have to go to the shops at certain times, maybe they're working during the day.... so they shouldn't walk through the car park just so these d!ckheads can spin around it pretending they're Lewis Hamilton?? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well if they are acting up in Tesco's carpark it is up to the security to remove them. If you feel threatened by them report them to security/gardai!! Its as simple as that!

Oh Lord.

I hate those bastards! They're there every night, but at least they're not as bad as some drunken student yelling their brains out at 4 in the morning. Or some drunken moron having an extraordinarily loud fight with someone.

At least the boyracers usually have the decency to finish at around 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Caliden wrote:
    Same thing goes on in the Dyke road car park.
    first hand experience! boyracerrrrrrrr

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sorry but why should other people have to change their routine/route to facilitate illegal and discourteous behaviour by others? Some people don't have cars and have to go to the shops at certain times, maybe they're working during the day.... so they shouldn't walk through the car park just so these d!ckheads can spin around it pretending they're Lewis Hamilton?? :rolleyes:
    It's piss easy to walk into tesco with them driving there. Boo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

They should take it to the dyke road carpark as their is no real traffic their at night, around the tescos carpark is a bit dangerous.

• Advertisement

It's piss easy to walk into tesco with them driving there. Boo hoo

If its so piss easy why did an earlier poster have to jump out of the way to avoid one of them driving the wrong way?

Your first post said "don't walk through the car park at night", now you're saying its piss easy. Make up your mind. Boo hoo :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If its so piss easy why did an earlier poster have to jump out of the way to avoid one of them driving the wrong way?

Well if one of them hit me I'd be glad because its one less idiot on the road!!

edit.... not me.... the stupid driver!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

jonny24ie wrote:
    Well if one of them hit me I'd be glad because its one less idiot on the road!!
    Quoted for posterity :D

ok,It is a bother walking through the car park from my side..I walk in from the roundabout end and they fly around the Island there, when I drive over its even worse. Not to mention the fact that I live across from Tesco and the screetching noise at night is a b!tch

ARGINITE wrote:
    They should take it to the dyke road carpark as their is no real traffic their at night, around the tescos carpark is a bit dangerous.

They did that during the rally, you could hear the eejits from all over the feckin city...knobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Surely there are better dogging places? Unless times have changed...

irishlessons - I'm a busy professional m/27/galway who likes to kill two birds with one stone. I used to be able to have a MMF threesome with some watersports and blood play, then pop in and do the weekly shop, enjoying great prices on tesco own brand products. But these feckers have necessitated two seperate trips. Someone should ban this sick filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

You think the Tesco car park is bad?

My god. You do know that they hold drag races on the long strip of dual carriageway between Oranmore and the Dublin Rd roundabout between midnight and 2am?

The cars are so loud that they have woken me up before and I live in Doughiska!.

What they do is race up one side, spin round the island, and back down the other side. It's insane. An 18 yr old work colleague of mine who has been in these races has told me how he once was in a car doing 145 MPH up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

I remember one time i was driving on the link rd between the tuam and headford rd, and a little sh*t was driving along in his souped up micra passed me by and gave me the finger, i was driving a 206 auto at the time which had a feature called sports mode, but i didnt need to use it, i passed him out left him seeing my rubber, waited at the end of the road for him to come down, i was waitin nearly a min, and i said to him next time you wana take on a car dont do it in a dinky, the look on the two faces was priceablde, the didnt like it one bit

• Advertisement

You sound just as bad as them.

Advertisement