Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs vs Anorthosis Famagusta [match thread]

Options
  • 17-09-2007 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

What's your choice for starting XI?

Cerny
    Chimbonda Kaboul Rocha Lee
    Lennon Tainio Zokora Taarabt
    Defoe Bent

Subs: Alnwick, Stalteri, Bale, Steed, Keane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

would go with

Cerny
    Stalteri,Rocha,Dawson,Lee
    Lennon,Zokora,Jenas,Taarabt
    Bent,Defoe

Subs:Alnwick,Tainio,Gardner,Keane,Malbranque

would rest berba kaboul and keano,Dawson needs games,think jenas should play as tainio would be too defensive we have to hit these with an attacking performance,give lennon and taarabt the ball and take them on,must admit it is a relief to escape from league football and hopefully gain some confidence from a resounding home win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I think we MUST try something different in the league, and this game and the cup game V Boro are the ideal chances to see how other options work. Plus there are a few of our players who need time on the bench! However I would not rest Dawson or Kabul, they need as much time on the field together as they can!

Cerny
    Chimbo,Kabul,Dawson,Stalteri
    Lennon,Hudd,The Prince,Taarabt
    Bent,Defoe
    Subs - Berb, Lee, Zokora, Steed, 3rd goalie?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭dango

Off topic - looking at the thread title i thought the spurs team had contracted some contagious disease!
    Carry on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Team for me would be.
    Robbo
    Chimbonda
    Lee
    Dawson
    Kaboul

Lennon - On the right please Martin !!!!
    Jenas
    Zokora
    Taarabt

Berbatov
    Bent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Hatch99 wrote:
    Team for me would be.
    Robbo
    Chimbonda
    Lee
    Dawson
    Kaboul

Lennon - On the right please Martin !!!!
    Jenas
    Zokora
    Taarabt

Berbatov
    Bent

I'd be happy enough with that. Lets get a few goals and we can make changes in the 2nd leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I think the opportunity is there to score some goals without conceding any and give some of the players a bit of a confidence booster

Cerny

Chimbonda
    Dawson
    Rocha
    Lee

Lennon
    Jenas
    Zokora
    Taarabt

Defoe
    Bent

Subs;
    Robinson (let him know what it feels like) Stalteri, KPB, Keane, Malbranque

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Cerny
    Chimbonda Dawson Rocha Bale
    Lennon Jenas Boetang Taarabt
    Bent Defoe

need more pace in the team. Hudd just looks to sluggish for the prem. Wish I Was wrong, and I am mindful that it took Carick a full season too really settle as anchor of Spurs midfield. Time is of the essence. I would love to see Bale/Taarabt together. Boetang must be tried, cos if he doesn't have it, we need to buy at Christmas. I defended Zokora all last season, but I wish we'd signed Ya ya Toure from that Ivory Coast midfield. Noe BAE is back, will he get a run soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Cerny
    Chimbonda Dawson Rocha Bale
    Lennon Jenas Boetang Taarabt
    Bent Defoe

need more pace in the team. Hudd just looks to sluggish for the prem. Wish I Was wrong, and I am mindful that it took Carick a full season too really settle as anchor of Spurs midfield. Time is of the essence. I would love to see Bale/Taarabt together. Boetang must be tried, cos if he doesn't have it, we need to buy at Christmas. I defended Zokora all last season, but I wish we'd signed Ya ya Toure from that Ivory Coast midfield. Noe BAE is back, will he get a run soon?

Totaly agree mate, we need to see what the Price can do, and this game and Boro, we need to see him - as you say, we may need to look at MF again in Jan! By the way Wexford COYS are meeting at Maggie's for the match tonight if you can make it!

Advertisement