Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats my best broadband option?

Options
  • 17-09-2007 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Just about to move into new house in the Clonskeagh area. I previously had Breeze but dont think I can install that there as cannot put things on the roof? What other options do I have? clearwire is already in the house, is that reliable?
    its extremely important to me to have a stable and fast connection

how long do eircom usually take to come and install it if I were to go with them?

thanks

gavin

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

From what I've heard clearwire are shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

I rang Eircom last tuesday, the line was installed on thursday. I might have been lucky though.

From what I've read on here, Smart are the way to go! You still have to get Eircom to install the line first and it's gonna cost you €121 plus line rental.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Like shroom said if you can get smart go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

NTL in Clonskeagh afaik.

Have two friends after moving there not too long ago and NTL are due out end of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

NTL involves a thing on the roof which is a no-go

Smart dont provied a service in my area, pretty gay

Eircom it is I guess

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

valor wrote:

Smart dont provied a service in my area, pretty gay

Hardly, but certainly your loss.
    valor wrote:
    Eircom it is I guess
    Oh well.

Advertisement