Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson Vacuum

Options
  • 17-09-2007 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭

Before you slag me off I am completely aware of how sad I am, but...

Bought a Dyson DC19 at the weekend, just got the basic model because it was quite a good deal.

My question is, can I fit the HEPA (alergy) filter to the standard model?

I looked at getting the animal hair fitting too, but don't need it coz we have mostly timber floors, but am bidding for an ikle car version on ebay...

Who knew hoovers could be so much fun, just need to find someone to use it now...

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I doubt you can, Dyson sell that vacuum independantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I got the following response from Dyson Customer Support:
    We do not recommend that you fit a Hepa filter to the standard DC19, as this will alter the specification. Altering the specification of the machine could invalidate the guarantee.

So I presume its possible, but I'm not gonna void the warranty - 5 years is a serious warranty - Sure the thing will hardly be used anyway... :rolleyes:

Advertisement