Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making phone calls from router

Options
  • 17-09-2007 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads, this is probably a very stupid question but here goes, i received my router from ice bb and eventually got it to work, how do i make calls from it do i just connect my home phone or is there another phone i have to get ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Do ICE do a phone service?

You can subscribe to a VOIP provider and get a box called an ATA, that allows a phone to be connected. I've no idea how well that works on ICE. It works better with some providers than others.

Alternatively just keep using the eircom line & phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

watty wrote:
    Do ICE do a phone service?

You can subscribe to a VOIP provider and get a box called an ATA, that allows a phone to be connected. I've no idea how well that works on ICE. It works better with some providers than others.

Alternatively just keep using the eircom line & phone.

yeah they do for €49 a month, you pay €110 ( i think ) for the router,there is a phone socket on the back of it, the deal is you can make free cals to ire uk and the usa. http://www.icebroadband.com/ice/content/view/15/37/

Advertisement