Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Customised Komplett PC worth the money?

Options
  • 17-09-2007 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been looking at getting a new PC for a while (mainly for Downloading and Gaming, with some video editing as well).

Anyway, went to Komplett and got the following spec:

Gigabyte Triton 180 Black
    Corsair Powersupply 620W Black, ATX/EPS,
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX WiFi, nForce-680i SLI,
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 4096MB CL5,
    XFX GeForce 8800GTS 500M 320MB GDDR3,
    Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 500GB SATA2
    Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S182D, 18x,
    PC with no operating system (I'll install XP Pro myself).

It totals for 1484 euro.

Is this a good bargain or can i do better elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Thats fine nothing wrong with it the though the mobo is sort of overkill you could get an Intel P35 instead and save a few bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Can XP Pro handle 4gigs ram? I thought it was only XP 64.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

8T8 wrote:
    Thats fine nothing wrong with it the though the mobo is sort of overkill you could get an Intel P35 instead and save a few bucks.

Thanks for that.
    Can you recommend a good Intel P35 mobo? I'm looking for one that is overclockable with plenty of room for upgrading for the future.

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I missed that with the 4GB RAM, TPD is correct in that if you wish to make the most of that RAM you will need to go 64-bit and XP 64-bit is not worth using due to poor support. The only Windows 64-bit that is well supported is Windows Vista.

Any P35 will do it does not matter which really they are all pretty much good overclockers, I'm currently using the MSI P35 Platinum and it has been rock solid and very reliable for overclocking my Q6600 to 3Ghz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Thanks for that.
    Can you recommend a good Intel P35 mobo? I'm looking for one that is overclockable with plenty of room for upgrading for the future.
    Thanks,
    I'd reccommend the gigabyte P35c ds3r. It supports DDR 2 and DDR 3, overclocks well, good graphics card clearances etc.

Also, i think you can step down to the 520W PSU. 620 is overkill unless you want sli/crossfire/20 Hard Drives

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

If you planned to put a copy of XP that you presently use in an older PC onto the new system then wouldn't there be license violation ?

Advertisement