Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it so wrong?......

Options
2»

Comments

• Eh? Ballet and karate have nothing to do with beauty pageants. My mum had me enrolled in loads of things since I was 3 or 4, but she wasn't a showbiz mum. She just wanted me to try out the activities and meet other kids since I was quiet and antisocial. I did perform in a lot of dance shows, some big ones at national theatres and the like, but my mum never wanted or expected me to become a professional dancer. In fact she discouraged me from keeping up ballet when I got older because it wrecks your feet.

It seems like you have dreams of your kids becoming famous.... not sure else why you'd equate ballet and karate class with showbiz and being a stage mother. At that age, those activities are nothing more than a bit of fun. There were about 30 girls in my dance group, some of them were really into it and talented, but NONE of them went on to be in showbiz, and I don't think any of them kept up the dancing. The chances of your kids becoming professional entertainers is extremely slim. But then I'm not sure exactly what you're asking/what advice you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭eimearnll

nesf wrote:
    You have two year olds doing karate and ballet?
    my 5 year old is doing karate nearly a year now,he loves it.my 3 year old daughter started ballet 2 weeks ago and loves it so far.as the op siad there nearly 3 i think its great that they want to try these things out,just wouldnt get me hopes up on them being big stars:D they are only kids and im sure they will get board,wait till there at the dating age they will no longer want to dance around in lovely pink dresses or worry if there karate chop is perfect ;) :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Well as the parent of three children, all a lot older than the OP, I also feel that at almost 3 children are too young to be expected to do anything structured and learning based.

And even ballet & dancing at that age should be only for the fun of it.

Children are being pushed into far too much far too early.

Why the rush?

From the way the OP described the way she talked to her almost 3 year old daughter I would very much doubt she has actually ever been around 3 year olds. It simply does not ring true here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

If my kids want to actually do something on a stage, then I'll encourage that.

Pagents are a different matter though. If I'd wanted a show-dog I'd have gone to a kennel, not had children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

eimearnll wrote:
    my 5 year old is doing karate nearly a year now,...

Where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭eimearnll

hi bostonb,im in the sandyford area,he does the karate in the local school hall.

Advertisement