Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microdermals

Options
  • 18-09-2007 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey guys, first time posting in this forum, although I do tend to lurk a bit.

For a while now I've been itching for a new piercing but I couldn't work out what to get. I've been wondering about microdermals.. A friend of mine got one between his collarbones but removed it as it was bothering him, but I liked the look of it.

Just a few questions..

I was thinking of two where a nape piercing would usually be as I'm not prepared to deal with an actual nape piercing seeing the huge percentage of them that reject. Would this be a viable area to have microdermals? And how prone do they tend to be to rejection?

Another question would be cost and place.. What studios in Dublin do Microdermals and are reputable enough? And price wise? Very expensive?

Healing? Do they take long to heal? What kind of aftercare is required?

And to anyone that might have microdermals themselves, what kind of pain are we talking? Don't get me wrong, I can deal with pain. I have enough piercings to know that, I'm just curious about what the experience was like for others!

I guess that's it really.. I'd ask my friend but he got his done in a not so reputable place in Greece on holidays..

Thanks guys! Any answers would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

"Would this be a viable area to have microdermals? And how prone do they tend to be to rejection?"

Go for a nape piercing instead, the skin is thick in your neck. If its peirced correctly youl be fine. Ive had mine done since maybe May i think. Doing fine, no hassle with it.

"cost and place.. What studios in Dublin do Microdermals and are reputable enough? And price wise? Very expensive?"

Microdermal: €80 a pop, so youre looking at €160 for what is basically a nape piercing. I know some places charge more. Marquis body art here in lyon charge €120 per microdermal.
    Nape: €70 give or take 10squid.

I know body shock in temple bar does them. Pretty sure guys in stephens green do too. Ive not been home in a while so il let others recommend other places.

"Healing? Do they take long to heal? What kind of aftercare is required?"

Nape: Mine healed in about 3weeks. Did nothing to it, just let it be.
    Microdermal. Mine never really healed (had it in my forearm) Youre told to just let the microdermal heal itself. Most people dont have problems with em.

"what kind of pain are we talking?"

When i got mine done, in my forearm it was pretty difficult to get in. Hurt quite a bit, probably the most of all my piercings. But thats because there was a lot of fiddling around trying to get it in. Paddy in bodyshock uses a needle. il continue, time for coffee...

anywho yeah quite painful but will depend on method used, either dermal punch or needle. hope ive answered your questions well enough.

Advertisement