Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 renewing your unlimited bb...?

• 18-09-2007 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

they way they renew your unlimited bb add on (pay monthly) is surely illegal, i mean you did'nt sign papers or anything, can they get ayway with stuff like this? they billed me for the broadband for my next bill but i dont need it anymore as i got ntl in my apartment now. surly if you wanted it (again) you would go and renew it on your own accord.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Unfortunately not. You signed up to an add on on bill pay so they'll assume you want it until you tell them you don't

as much as i like to hate 3, what they've done here is standard practice. Usually customers would want to keep add ons until they cancel them so following your suggested policy would cause a lot of problems

also, i want people that think i just post to be anti-3 to take note. I'm supporting them in this case so i don't just hate them no matter what they do. I hate them only when they do things that are worthy of hatred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Unfortunately not. You signed up to an add on on bill pay so they'll assume you want it until you tell them you don't

as much as i like to hate 3, what they've done here is standard practice. Usually customers would want to keep add ons until they cancel them so following your suggested policy would cause a lot of problems

also, i want people that think i just post to be anti-3 to take note. I'm supporting them in this case so i don't just hate them no matter what they do. I hate them only when they do things that are worthy of hatred
    I have to say I agree. I dont want to have to keep calling them to renew the broadband addon. God knows they are terrible to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

legs11 wrote:
    they way they renew your unlimited bb add on (pay monthly) is surely illegal, i mean you did'nt sign papers or anything, can they get ayway with stuff like this? they billed me for the broadband for my next bill but i dont need it anymore as i got ntl in my apartment now. surly if you wanted it (again) you would go and renew it on your own accord.

I think the way all add-ons work is that it up to you to stop it. My X-Series is classed as an 'add-on'. There is no way I want to have to activate it each and every month -I just want it to keep on working until I say otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i forgot to renew my add-on after renewing my phone contract ended up spending allot before noticing i didn't have the add-on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd hate to have to manually re-add my addons on my accounts. If they didn't do what you're complaining about then I'd complain :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement