Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen are the best band ever.

Options
  • 18-09-2007 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

I listen to many different things regularly and it strikes me that Queen are the best and struck a beautiful balance between pop sensibility and f**king great music. So well written and so enjoyable. No band exists like them any more and I don't think there ever will. I wish there was a band like that these days. Muse gets closest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Muse > Queen

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Muse > Queen

I agree with this statement, but Queen do have some fantastic songs. From what I have seen of the live performances, they were great at that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

My vote would go to Zeppelin, but Queen are a great band, as are Muse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I have a personal hatred on queen. Seeing brian may playing a guitar solo on top of buckingham palace says it all for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

SumGuy wrote:
    My vote would go to Zeppelin, but Queen are a great band, as are Muse

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I would say Radiohead, though Queen are equally as good in different respects, better than Muse imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

We've been over this... http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055126902

Dimmu Borgir are the best.

Though as far as bands who aren't Dimmu Borgir go, Queen are very excellent. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Queen are better than Muse and Dimmu Borgir. Thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Muse > Queen

++

Freddie would have approved of them*

* a good thing

Advertisement