Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a Little Sister killer or saviour?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Ah the poor dears, save their little twinkle toes
    The security Latick thing is good and get a load of non stop bots after them. That only works someplaces though so keep loads of grenades and upgrade that shotgun that keeps them fooked and some electricity to make him stay in same place. Use plasmid level2/3 or chemical thrower with electricity, if u look around u can find plenty of amo, i was too shy keeping loads incase and had to leave lots behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Chunks wrote:
    I'm playing the PC version. I'm a saviour.... Karma, man.

Thos fúckers 'Mr Bubbles' are hard cúnts to kill. I usually end up using all of my ammo killing them. Any suggestions / tips / hints on killing them? The old electric buck is good but it's expensive as fook to buy...

Sometimes when there is two around and if you have the "big daddy bodyguard" plasmid then all you need to do is use it on the big daddy that doesnt have a little sister with him then run over to the other big daddy (your target) and shoot him. The two will have a massive firefight that will either kill the big daddy or injure him so badly that you can easily finish him off. Either that or lead him to a place with loads of hacked cameras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭interlocked

I like to pick and mix
    How could you evil people harvest them. I just saw the first little sister crying over 'mister bubbles' body and couldn't do it.

Maybe I'm getting old, but the little sisters really got to me.

Jesus, when you see them blubbering over a fallen big daddy it's pitiful, not to mention their "looking for angels", Agggh! I don't know how any one could kill them, you derive great satisfaction from saving them. The final cut scene ending though, was like, bloody hell:eek:

Game looked amazing, but the taking photos gimmick got to be a right pain in the arse.

Some very subtle nuances thrown in, like for example, many of the splicers are demented looking for their children, and regard you as a monster, By the end of the game you begin to realise whether or not they were justified, it would have been interesting if that angle had been advanced and the moral ambiguity explored.

Reminds me a lot of the Usual Suspects in that you nearly have to sit down and go through it again to pick up all the allusions and hints.

Yeah, liked it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Harvesting them all on this play through, poor little girlies! i'll save them next time (if i play through it again anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

for big daddys, i set em on fire and run around, pepper them with exploding buck and armour piercing bullets for the tommy gun

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I like to pick and mix
    Save the little b*tches, you get an achievement for this!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭hotnipples

ah there are three endings? Interesting!

I've gotten the bad ending so far, harvested every one of em! I found the ending to be waaay to short, was left there thinking "is that it?!" Playing it on hard at the mo and im saving every one of em. I thought you got no ADAM at all from them, so it was a pleasant surprise to see you get some at least. I know now which plasmids not to bother with now aswell.

As for killing big daddies techniques, trap bolts do severe damage to a big daddy! Although the elite daddies on hard mode dont get too badly damaged by them. I usually set a load of trap bolts, agro the daddy, then pop up a target dummy at the end of a hallway with about 10 trap bolts in his path, if hes still alive id finish him off with a frag grenade or two, does the trick nicely! :D Plus the trap bolts can be made easily at a hacked U-INVENT station, i was never short of them.

The big daddies should have gotten much tougher as you get more plasmids, I found them easier and easier to kill as the game went on, I do realise there are elite bouncers that are supposed to make things tougher, but they werent tough enough because youve gotten so many new powerful weapons and plasmids to play with!
    And there should have been a leader or a general of the big daddies to fight towards the end as a lead-up boss. Fontaine was the only "proper" boss fight and hes too easy!

Its a fantastic game but if it was just a bit more challenging and the vita-chambers had a price tag for use it could have been one of the best ever.

I voted Atari Jaguar because every time thats on option I have to pick it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

Mr Moon wrote:
    Save the little b*tches, you get an achievement for this!!!

one for harvesting too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Saved all but one....and didn't get the saviour achievement :eek: Thought you'd at least be allowed to try 1 harvest. Is the ending different depending on whether you save them all or not?

Edit: sorry just saw hotnipples post. 3 endings? How so? Harvest, save and mixture? I got an evil ending even though I only harvested 1 of the little uns.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

event wrote:
    one for harvesting too
    There's no achievement for harvesting them, only for saving them. There's a "dealt with every little sister" achievement but you get that either way.
    Gegerty wrote:
    Saved all but one....and didn't get the saviour achievement Thought you'd at least be allowed to try 1 harvest. Is the ending different depending on whether you save them all or not?
    There's really only 2 endings. The 3rd is practically indistinguishable from the 2nd. Save them all = 1st ending. Harvest one or more = 2nd/3rd ending.

I'm on my second play through now and I had planned to harvest them all this time but you can't get all the tonics unless you save them, so...

...I couldn't bring myself to do it anyway. :D

Like I said before there's very little motivation for harvesting them. I suspect the original idea was that you'd have to harvest them as surviving the later levels would prove too difficult without the extra Adam. But they were probably afraid of provoking too much controversy so they toned it down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement