Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD Player

• 18-09-2007 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a dvd player. I don't want to spend a fortune on it (roughly €100, give or take), just want a HDMI connection and it to play divx.

Also could you also tell me where to get it?

Got a Samsung Tv on great advice from 8T8, so something to go with it would be great.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

philips DVP5160 and thompson DTH271E both are around 70 Euro and will do what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

conax wrote:
    philips DVP5160 and thompson DTH271E both are around 70 Euro and will do what you want.
    Brilliant Thanks, where's the best place buy one?

Edit: Found them on pixmania, thanks, would one be better than the other????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

Flip a coin!
    I have used the Philips and its good enough, the USB port is very handy, just dump a file onto a stick and off you go, its easy to unblock any Philips to multi region. never even seen a thompson DVD before their web site may have good info.

conax wrote:
    Flip a coin!
    I have used the Philips and its good enough, the USB port is very handy, just dump a file onto a stick and off you go, its easy to unblock any Philips to multi region. never even seen a thompson DVD before their web site may have good info.
    Think I'll go with the Philips, thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scottee

conax wrote: »
    Flip a coin!

I need to unblock a philips 880r - could you help please? swylie5787@aol.com

• Advertisement

Considering buying an Xbox 360 today.

Just wondering is there a need for a dvd player with HDMI that plays divx of a usb if I have the 360?

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Also how much should a HDMI cable be? for the philips DVP5980 (€77.90 on it's own) Skymaster HDMI cable - male/male gold-plated triple shielding - 1.5 m + Digital coaxial audio cable - Gold plated 1.50 m its €112. Is that good or should I just get the dvd player on its own?

Thanks

Anyone???

Advertisement