Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plus size modern clothes/women & men

• 18-09-2007 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Am having real trouble finding women's clothes that are not grannyish but are 18+. Have found some in Anne Harvey's in Shaws, and some in Evans but apart from those two, where else? Sadly none of the excellent cheapo shops like Penneys & H&M do large sizes.:confused: Similarly modern mens clothes are hard to find for 40+ waist. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Try the M&S Per Una range, some very nice stuff there and the range goes up to at least an 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Penny's do up to a size 22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

New look's inspire range are pretty good for jeans and tops

but Evans is usually the best for high street styles in plus sizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

LadyE wrote:
    Penny's do up to a size 22

I've seen size 24s in Penneys. Maybe go to the big one on Mary Street in Dublin. They have more stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There's a good site in he UK that I've bought from on occasion for my brother, though it is mens only. Delivery is pretty quick.
    http://www.highandmighty.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

Next do up to a 22 if you order online , then get it shipped to home or to one of the shops for collection

http://www.nextdirectory.ie/

Dorothy Perkins too now do home delvivery in Ireland

http://www.dorothyperkins.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I don't know about other branches, but the H&M certainly has a plus-size section - it's next to the lingerie.

Edit: I meant the H&M in Liffey Valley specifically here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I don't know about other branches, but the H&M certainly has a plus-size section - it's next to the lingerie.

I saw size 22s in a lot of items in H & M in Dundrum yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Scatman

dorothy perkins do some really nice 18+ size stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Scatman

dorothy perkins do some really nice 18+ size stuff

h&m in liffey valley has plus size sectin too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

flipsat wrote:
    Any suggestions would be very welcome.
    Well since you said any, how about more exercise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

No need for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

tuxy wrote:
    Well since you said any, how about more exercise?
    I presume you are flawless!!!
    I actually saw quite a selection of plus size women's clothes in New Look in the Wilton Shopping Centre, Cork yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No need for that.

Apologies.

(the link in your sig is much better btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

flipsat, there is a new look in Ballincollig too, alot quiter than Wilton, seemed to be ok on sizes, but I'm pregnant so wasnt really looking at the regular stuff.

I too find Penneys ****e for the bigger sizes in Cork.

Advertisement