Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding inhibitor to sealed system

Options
  • 18-09-2007 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Guys,

I've just replaced an old rad in the house and I want to flush the system and add an inhibitor before refilling. Only problem is, the heating system is sealed, so there's no tank in the attic that I can pour the inhibitor into.

I guess I'll need to add the inhibitor via a radiator. I'm hoping there is some sort of tool available that will make this job easier for me - can someone confirm I'm on the right track and suggest where I might purchase said tool ?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Chadwicks do a tube of inhibitor which has a rad blead adapter on it.
    I need to do the same. Chadwicks plumbing centre is near Atlantic Homecare in Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

thanks for the reply. I actually have an unused bottle of Sentinel X100 at home - don't suppose there is an easy way to get this into a sealed system ?

Advertisement