Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial Arts Clubs in IT Carlow

• 18-09-2007 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi,
    just a quick few questions on the clubs here in carlow,
    What styles are represented here in the IT and what federations are they associated with.
    And secondly what grading oppurtunities are there/

Thanks
    Damian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

i dont know which ones are here except for thai chi and karate, but all of them are accrediated and can give you the belts etc.....they go to tourneys every so often i hear....like the all irelands etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

theres more than that. some other one that was created by a woman, cant remember the name, lol not chow yun fat, but sumtin like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

theres Tae Kwan Do as well.

♪Kick, Punch, its all in the mind/ If you want to test me Im sure you'll find the things I teach you are sure to beat you. This is a test so listen to teacher now...♫ -Parappa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

The_B_Man wrote:
    theres more than that. some other one that was created by a woman, cant remember the name, lol not chow yun fat, but sumtin like it.

wing chun and its not worth it, badly thought here, very badly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I was at the Clubs session today. They are offering Boxing, Kickboxing, Taekwondo, Karate, Kungfu/Kenpo.

I was tempted to sign up for Boxing but since I have never taken Boxing before I didn't feel like being used as a human punching bag.

The ladies at the Karate didn't know what style of Karate it was. If it was Kyokushin style I would of signed up.

For now I'll just stick to the Judo Club in Kilkenny and probably rejoin the Kickboxing club in Kilkenny as well.

• Advertisement

The clubs started today. If you didn't sign up on Club day you can still join if you show up when they are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

wing chun and its not worth it, badly thought here, very badly

Could you elaborate on what you found wrong with their teaching methods? I've joined it the other day but am having my doubts now after seeing what you've said.

the girl in my class signed up for the Kung Fu class. She doesn't seem to mind it.

Advertisement