Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre eircom down?

Options
  • 18-09-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Fecking eircom ADSL modem is telling me to login all the time and not accepting my credentials.
    Anyone else having trouble with their eircom intarweb connection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Had a client with this today, you using U:eircom, Password:broadband1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ha, no that's not the username and password :D
    A co-worker also had problems connecting.
    I looked at the eircom site and apparently there are no known issues at the moment. I'll have to check again when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

biko wrote:
    Fecking eircom ADSL modem is telling me to login all the time and not accepting my credentials.
    Anyone else having trouble with their eircom intarweb connection?

Hmmm, so how did you post this??? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Another computer maybe!:rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Another computer maybe!:rolleyes: ;)

Really?!
    Maybe you missed the smiley in my post.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

I had a problem a couple of times yesterday with it, DSL service in general was down... bloody annoying and all cause I was busy doing importante-mails n stuff, grrrrr damn Eircom!

I posted using my brain power (from the office) ;)

Rang 1890 260 260 now and got on to some guy that told me they were expecting me to come in on one port instead of another and somehow they had got it wrong.
    Seems to be fine now, fingers crossed.

Fecking eircom :mad: Suddenly after that previous fix my Netopia router will not let my VPN through now so I can't access work.
    Well, it worked for a week or so and then stopped.
    So I ring support and they say "not our problem".
    "But it worked before without any config of the router, could you check your settings"?
    "Nope, we are an ISP and do not config routers"
    "But it was working, now it's not and you have fecked up my ports before..."
    "Bye"

The thing is - I got eircom solely to work from home and now I can't and eircom won't help. Shower of ****es.

In case anyone else has issues. I'll try to hack their stuff and see if I can get this working again.

Advertisement