Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt?

Options
  • 18-09-2007 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I'm currentley using NTL as my isp and its being nothing but trouble as of late, and the bill payers are at me to get BT as its cheaper. I play alot of online games so a low ping is a must, can anybody tell me the pro's and cons of BT?

Are they a good service provider?

Any help is most appreciated, Thank you.

:D

EDIT: Also im living in dublin south (6W), so any other isp recomendations are welcome :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So nobody in Dublin with BT broadband ??? ;(

Common i need some input as i would hate to get it and for it to be absolute ****

Help !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I've had BT broadband since it was called IOL Broadband. Any problems I've had were Eircom's fault or crappy old wiring. Ping is nearly always grand for games. You may have to pay a deposit if you're a tenant - I dunno if BT still do this but it used to be the case a few years ago at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I've got it and live up near Belfied. Had them for a couple of years.

Customer service can be quite poor. They were overcharing me for six months which meant that every time I got a bill I had to ring up to sort it out. Only stopped when I threatened legal action and stopped my direct debit.

In terms of service, they are very good around here. No problems for downloading like a maniac either.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You can help yourself by using the search facility - you will find loads of material there with particular emphasis on the billing issues raised by Mezcita.

Advertisement