Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doner Kebab Meal

• 18-09-2007 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Is there anything better than a fat doner kebab, chips and a coke after a session?

Actually I had a kebab meal this morning before work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

If you're cutting down try a half pounder meal with a spring roll for the walk home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

cant beat it especially when the bread is soaked with grease mmm

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

i'm more of a shish kebab type of gal myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

maple wrote:
    i'm more of a shish kebab type of gal myself.

in that you like getting skewered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Zaytoon have put prices up, by quite a bit too.

Shish Kebab Meal is gone from €9.70 to €11.00.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

homh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

homh

Is that chicken?

its just a random pic i found, its not mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

homh

Oh I want one right now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

deep fried snickers. Or knickers, but the women complains about that one.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

cance wrote:
    in that you like getting skewered?

that too. but i just prefer the chunks of meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I have a tasty döner tute every day for lunch. Large cone 1/4 filled with chips, then half filled with kalb & pute, 3/4 filled with more chips, topped off with lamm & hähnchen and then lots of sauce on top :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

funny little story about kebabs.
    I was out on sat night for one or two (at least that's the way I remeember it:D ) Anywho - when I got home i was hungry - got a taxi to the door and forgot to ask him to stop off for a kebab.
    Was too lazy to go to the kebab shop so when into the flat, woke my little bro up and demanded that he go for me :)
    And not only get me a Doner Kebab but a spicy chicken one too for good measure:p
    Fair play to him off he went - only to find me passed out asleep on the couch on his return and there was no waking me.
    I woke up about 7am seen the 2 kebabs on the table and thought Nice one and had the doner (not remembering how it had got there) and then went to bed.

We had a good laugh about it later that day - while finishing the chicken kebab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

bugler wrote:

Is money going to stop you shoveling that little piece of heaven into your mouth?

I think not.

Dyin' for a Zaytoon now lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

where do you live damo2k? the turkish place in the epicurian foodhall in middle abbey street in dublin does an amazing kebab for €8.

where do you live damo2k? the turkish place in the epicurian foodhall in middle abbey street in dublin does an amazing kebab for €8.
    €8, that's fucking nuts :eek: I can get 2 high quality kebabs here for that price and still have enough change for a beer to wash it down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Jes i haven't had one in months!! Thats dinner sorted for this evening!

Im in athlone, plenty of cheap dirty kebabs down here.

A kabab meal (doner, chips and coke) is €7.50 here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Nicest Kebab has to be around from the Barge pub forget the name,to die for :D getting hungry now

i had an abortion this morning after eating a doner kebab and tako chips last night.

• Advertisement

Sounds like Gammelfleisch

Serious problem here at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

In London, I got myself a chicken shish kebab and coke for £3.70. Perfect. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I wish I didnt read this thread now because I want a Zaytoon and I'm in Germany.... :(:(:( On the other hand, you can get a kebab here for 2.50 and its double the size of one in Ireland. I'm home on Wednesday, I'll have to make a detour on the way from the port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Love2love wrote:
    I wish I didnt read this thread now because I want a Zaytoon and I'm in Germany.... :(:(:( On the other hand, you can get a kebab here for 2.50 and its double the size of one in Ireland. I'm home on Wednesday, I'll have to make a detour on the way from the port.

Zaytoon is the sh!t when it comes to Kebabs, i'd love one now myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

When I lived in London. the local Kebab shop had the best Kebabs and also did real chips to go with them. Very good for student food

I don't know how anyone can eat the much from Aberakebabera after eationg a real kebab mabe from quality meat and fresh salads (not a bit of cabbage in sight!!) and nice chilli and garlic yougurt sauce topped with a huge pepper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Im in athlone, plenty of cheap dirty kebabs down here.

A kabab meal (doner, chips and coke) is €7.50 here.

Go into Al Kababish and ask for a donor on garlic nan bread , its an absolute weapon of a kebeb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

For any of you planning on a weekend in Waterford, Istanbul takeaway does a magnificent drunken meal of a Special Burger, Chips & Coke...

The Special Burger consists of:

Burger Bun
    Salad-like-****e
    (Optional cheese)
    Chillie & garlic sauces
    Donor meat
    burger (quarter pounder if you know them)
    Fried Onions
    Grease
    Burger Bun

As I said. Magnificent after a few pints. You'd best brush your teeth straight after.

And wash your inards the next day...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ansionnachclist

texas star wrote:
    Nicest Kebab has to be around from the Barge pub forget the name,to die for :D getting hungry now

Harcourt Diner? Not very fond of them there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

bugler wrote:

blank them then.There's a place beside the central bank that does sit-down kebabs for 6 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sirocco?

The Kebabs in there are vile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

iskanders on dame st. do one of the best kebabs in dublin

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Fajitas! wrote:
    For any of you planning on a weekend in Waterford, Istanbul takeaway does a magnificent drunken meal of a Special Burger, Chips & Coke...

The Special Burger consists of:

Burger Bun
    Salad-like-****e
    (Optional cheese)
    Chillie & garlic sauces
    Donor meat
    burger (quarter pounder if you know them)
    Fried Onions
    Grease
    Burger Bun

As I said. Magnificent after a few pints. You'd best brush your teeth straight after.

And wash your inards the next day...

Ahh the good auld special burger :)
    How I miss my college days down in Waterford...
    Could murder one of them now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

jahalpin wrote:
    When I lived in London. the local Kebab shop had the best Kebabs and also did real chips to go with them. Very good for student food

I don't know how anyone can eat the much from Aberakebabera after eationg a real kebab mabe from quality meat and fresh salads (not a bit of cabbage in sight!!) and nice chilli and garlic yougurt sauce topped with a huge pepper

I have to agree there, the Pakistanis seem to be better at making turkish food than the chinese are :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

yabadabado wrote:
    They certainly have the best bread.

If I could get the bread from Iskanders and bring it to Zaytoon to get it filled, I'd be a happy man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

ive never had a kebab (except for in bratislava, but lets not talk about that one..)...
    what should i order? meet and sauce and veg wise?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ruthiedv

This place is the best
    116585_0228_1_vw.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

yabadabado wrote:

Except they're always cold.Atheneum across the road is way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

doonothing wrote:
    ive never had a kebab (except for in bratislava, but lets not talk about that one..)...
    what should i order? meet and sauce and veg wise?
    Plenty of meat, plenty of chilli sauce and no veggie **** :cool:

im only after getting in to work now, late and locked, and i didnt even get one of these kebabs last night. bloody wimmin screaming to get home and woudlnt wait. not proper order, might nip out to capri kebab across from the college at lunch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nevancito

everyone,just forget about epicurian foodhall.zaytoon is definitely the best place for kebab in dub.I miss it so much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'll just mention Turkuaz, Cornmarket Sq. Limerick.

Very tasty, and good value too. A doner wrap is €5.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Sultan on George's Street....THE best kebab evvvvver!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

had a chicken shish kebab from Zaytoon's on the way home from the pub the other nite then dropped in for a half pounder in Porta Via to finish off the night when i was just about home...

i'll definitely do that again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sc4rf4ce

i second that about sultans. they do a mean mixed kebab.
    hands down the best kebab in dublin, and the service is great aswell.

i think kebabs rule. i want to own a domain www.kebab.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

doner kebab meal from 'best' in sligo, only e8 something, way better that the stuff served up in abrakebabra

you's are making me hungry..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

how about that place on baggot street? istanbul express or something? the kebabs in there are so fresh that they taste almost healthy. plus the owner is sound and once chased and caught some scumbag who robbed a girl out of my job when she was at the bank machine. Although one afternoon after work when i ordered kebab and chips he was like "noo, nooo its to much with chips, the rice is free with kebab, its got loads of veg in it, have that" :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

irish-stew wrote: »
    doner kebab meal from 'best' in sligo, only e8 something, way better that the stuff served up in abrakebabra

strangely enough the stabras in sligo is the tastiest ive ever had. also that indian..ehh the poppadom, is quite possibly the nicest in ireland. however it is impossible to get a fry in sligo on a sunday morning so i stamped its dust from my feet and never returned

Advertisement