Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Bravo and 500

Options
  • 18-09-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Has the new Bravo's deliveries started here yet ?

I must say I saw loads of them last week in Italy - best looking car in its sector by a county mile IMO - I hope they are built right.

The 500 looks fantastic too and seems to have a real up market feel and top notch fit an finish, looks as though its going to be a real success too.

I hope this is a sign of a real resurgence for Fiat - Europe is loosing too many of our car brands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

fingers crossed alright

I for one, quite like fiats - though I seem to be in the minority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Looks like a nice bus, however I wouldn't spend your hard earned yoyos on it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

They are nice looking cars alright, best choice would be a diesel in the Bravo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

Saw a Bravo in Germany couple of weeks ago and looks solid and eye catching. The 500 will be a huge hit, it will be quiet till people see them and then there will be rush for them imo..

fiat seem to be a company on the rise, saw a generated image of proposed new barchetta on autocar last week and it looks class. As a Fiat Coupe owner I just am waiting for the day that they announce a new coupe (...please :cool: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

Hotwheels wrote:
    They are nice looking cars alright, best choice would be a diesel in the Bravo :D

especially the new twin turbo 1.9 JTDm :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Wossack wrote:
    fingers crossed alright

I for one, quite like fiats - though I seem to be in the minority

Shhhh...me too ;)

FIAT have style not like Jap Fridges....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is the 500 not just a smaller, more expensive Panda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Stekelly wrote:
    Is the 500 not just a smaller, more expensive Panda?
    Is the Beetle not just a smaller, more expensive Golf? Is the A5 not just a smaller, more expensive A4? :D

Biro wrote:
    Is the Beetle not just a smaller, more expensive Golf? Is the A5 not just a smaller, more expensive A4? :D

Doesnt make them any less pointless. A larger slightly more expensive car on the same platform is ok, but a smaller more expensive one is pointless. Why pay more to get the same thing in a different (smaller) package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭smooth operater

saw one of the new bravos the other day (in bray), lovely lookin car, i actually mentioned it to one or two people i was so impressed by them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Stekelly wrote:
    ... but a smaller more expensive one is pointless. Why pay more to get the same thing in a different (smaller) package?
    Because they don't actually want a large car, but want all the other luxuries? Not everyone follows the bigger is better mantra, you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Stekelly wrote:
    Doesnt make them any less pointless. A larger slightly more expensive car on the same platform is ok, but a smaller more expensive one is pointless. Why pay more to get the same thing in a different (smaller) package?
    You mean like paying 10 grand more for an A4 when the passat is the same thing except bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

RobAMerc wrote:
    Has the new Bravo's deliveries started here yet ?

I must say I saw loads of them last week in Italy - best looking car in its sector by a county mile IMO - I hope they are built right.

The 500 looks fantastic too and seems to have a real up market feel and top notch fit an finish, looks as though its going to be a real success too.

I hope this is a sign of a real resurgence for Fiat - Europe is loosing too many of our car brands.

Yes they have, all dealers at this stage have the new 1.4 T-Jet Bravo, drove one and its a rocket!!!! :)

Biro wrote:
    You mean like paying 10 grand more for an A4 when the passat is the same thing except bigger?

Thats slighty different though. Thats rebranding (more upbranding really as Audi is seen as a superior brand as is selling for that reason). The 500 is fiat taking a supermini body off the Panda and putting a smaller one on , then charging a premium for the effort.

Now if they stuck a Ferrari badge on it they could probably get a few people to pay 100k for it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Saw one in St Tropez 2 weeks ago - oh listen to me! - great looking car for this segment.
    FIAT seem to have taken some styling cues from Maserati for their front ends, if they can shake the reliability tag they could finally reap some rewards as their new breed of (Petrol and Diesel) engines are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I spent about 30mins on the Fiat web site building my own 500 the other night - white (the blueish one looks fantastic in real life ) with those Italian stripes down the side looks great ( I could never drive it like that though ). I also notice the price of the original 500's has gone a bit nuts on the back of it and hear that they already have 70000 orders !
    I am soo tempted but the wife says she doesn't need one - even though I am convinced she does!

RobAMerc wrote:
    I spent about 30mins on the Fiat web site building my own 500 the other night - white (the blueish one looks fantastic in real life ) with those Italian stripes down the side looks great ( I could never drive it like that though ). I also notice the price of the original 300's has gone a bit nuts on the back of it and hear that they already have 70000 orders !
    I am soo tempted but the wife says she doesn't need one - even though I am convinced she does!

PMSL! I have SWMBO nearly convinced that she need to change the Bravo for a White 500 with Italian Flag Stripes over the top...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Saw a couple of new 500s in France this weekend, one on road and the other outside a FIAT showroom, placed next to a vintage one (in same red colour).

You ask me, FIAT's done a BMW (with the mini/MINI) and the new 500 is going to be huge.

It has that same instant "recollection factor" as the new MINI does with the old one, yet the overall shape is likewise reminiscent of the new Micra - so resolutely modern (egg-shaped) yet strong vintage appeal.

I hate FIATs (from personal experience), but wish them well with it :)

siralfalot wrote:
    especially the new twin turbo 1.9 JTDm :D

Ya I've been reading about that online, the new 1.9 engine in the 159 is 177BHP and the 2.4 210. Not sure if they are for sale here yet...
    I must ask them in Lismard next time I'm up :) An extra 27BHP is the 1.9 wouln't go astray

Hotwheels wrote:
    Ya I've been reading about that online, the new 1.9 engine in the 159 is 177BHP and the 2.4 210. Not sure if they are for sale here yet...
    I must ask them in Lismard next time I'm up :) An extra 27BHP is the 1.9 wouln't go astray

the new 1.9 JTDmjet 16V TST *pauses for breath* is 177bhp in the new Saabs at the moment, Fiat / Alfa are holding back the 187bhp version for exclusive use in their own cars, the two turbos work together to eliminate turbo lag, 310Nm is available at just 1250rpm with peak torque 400Nm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

siralfalot wrote:
    the new 1.9 JTDmjet 16V TST *pauses for breath* is 177bhp in the new Saabs at the moment, Fiat / Alfa are holding back the 187bhp version for exclusive use in their own cars, the two turbos work together to eliminate turbo lag, 310Nm is available at just 1250rpm with peak torque 400Nm

To be fair using 2 different size turbos to eliminate lag is not a new idea - Maserati did it years ago and Volkswagen brought it forward with the supercharger/turbo idea in the 1.4gt but if I know Alfa they'll make some engine out of this and 310nm of torque will make a car the size of a Bravo some yoke to overtake with!

187 BHP even better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

RobAMerc wrote:
    To be fair using 2 different size turbos to eliminate lag is not a new idea - Maserati did it years ago and Volkswagen brought it forward with the supercharger/turbo idea in the 1.4gt but if I know Alfa they'll make some engine out of this and 310nm of torque will make a car the size of a Bravo some yoke to overtake with!

Not forgetting BMW. The 535d is the first car in yonks to have 2 different sized turbos. They followed this up with the 123d recently(the 335i while having 2 turbos, does not have this feature, the 2 turbos in this are the same size).

Advertisement