Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibb Dsl

Options
  • 18-09-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting Irish Broadband DSL, anyone have this package?, they offer unlimited downloads, I am with BT 2mb at the moment and find 20gigs not nearly enough. i have read on Boards that their wireless service has improved vastly but can't find much info on their DSL service. Do I have to handover my landline to them or can I stay with Eircom?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭zorch

IBB dont do lines - just the DSL part
    Not sure about how smooth the change over from BT via Eircom to IBB would be - but that will be Eircom up to thier old tricks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ouldscratch

In order to get Dsl from IBB you need to firstly ring to order then they will send you a dsl transfer form. Fill it out and send it back. once they recieve that then you will be activated within 10 working days. Your broadband downtime should be 1 hour max. I'm on the 3 Meg and it's grand. I still pay eircom the line rental but I now have unlimited Downloads. And the 3meg is 24:1 instead of the 2Megs 48:1 contention. Dealt with a guy called Francis, very helpful, if you want his direct line PM me. I won't put it on here though because I think it's against the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrooqie

In order to get Dsl from IBB you need to firstly ring to order then they will send you a dsl transfer form. Fill it out and send it back. once they recieve that then you will be activated within 10 working days. Your broadband downtime should be 1 hour max

can i do the same with my digiweb ?
    what about hardware (modem etc.)

Is it through the phone line or fixed wireless. If it's through the phone line it should be ok if it's wireless then no but you could probably get their Breeze fixed wireless. Also if it is a DSL modem it will work with any dsl service.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrooqie

yea. i got here digiweb dsl of course with adsl modem from Zyxel

• Advertisement

As long as your out of contract you shouldn't have a problem mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

what modem does IBB supply for dsl?

They have a free one (non-wireless) and a wireless one for about thirty odd quid. I think that they are both Netgear

They have a free one (non-wireless) and a wireless one for about thirty odd quid. I think that they are both Netgear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DVDMAN

their wireless had some nitemares
    im on the ibb 2mb DSL service......its fine and theres no limits....costs 28.95
    the phone support for their dsl isnt as congested as other providers. They provide a netgear modem.....you have the option of a wireless/router for 35 extra.

My other reccomendation would be UTV clicksilver its 21+6 for nolimit downloads so 27 euro in total a little cheaper than IBB not sure of their support think they have a big customer base on their dsl too

• Advertisement
Advertisement