Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stretching my Lobes

Options
  • 18-09-2007 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

I got me my own thread :)

First off: Thanks everyone who gave advice to me in this thread.
    So from what I gather I should....

Get it pierced professionaly at maybe 2.4 - 3.6mm? Would most places do this?
    Give it a good 6 weeks to heal then go up a size and repeat.
    Oh and don't get them punch (even if I can..)

Truth said it would cost about €50, I'm hoping that isnt each when you said (both ears)

Lastly, Anything else I should know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

You should probably get pierced first and see what you want to do then;)

As far as i know tapers are fine for small stretches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

mc nuggets wrote:
    You should probably get pierced first and see what you want to do then;)

As far as i know tapers are fine for small stretches
    So is your mother... (yeah, just becuase I can continue my (poor) insults tomorrow at you)

Think is, I dont like normal lobe piercings on guys. Its either none or larger than normal ones for me;) So I want to start off as big as I can (3.2/6mm?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Well as you know im no expert so wait to see what people who actually know what they're talking about post.

I need the same advice too sooo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I don't like to nag people about their own bodies but to be honest, your posts are setting off a lot of alarm bells for me.

You're fairly young. Have you worked yet? Stretched ears are permanent and very noticable- what happens when you need a job, even just a part time one, and you're told in the interview that your ears make you unsuitable for the job? Have you thought about which career path you're going for? I know these questions will probably make you roll your eyes, but think about it- if you're planning on going into a conservative career path, stretched ears can really hinder you.

Also, you appear to be very, very impatient. No offense- I know I was the same, I wanted to skip the whole process and just get an instant end result when I started... but stuff like 'it's none or larger lobes' 'I want to start off a big as possible'... you can't really have your cake and eat it too :p Impatience and lobe stretching do NOT go together, I promise you. Stretch too fast and you'll end up with lobes that look like an arse. I'm not kidding. I've seen ears that were stretched perfectly and ears that were stretched too fast and the difference is astronomical.

So here is my advice. You want stretched ears and you want them now. However, you are 3 years underage so you're not going to be able to get punched or scalpelled. So that option is out, unfortunately.

So your most realistic option is this: Go to a decent piercer and tell them you need a pair of lobe piercings and you intend to stretch them. They'll be able to tell you more about what options you have; sizes, etc, and position them the best way possible to accommodate stretching.

So then, you wait 6-8 weeks before starting stretching. Have a read off these FAQs:

http://www.bodyartforms.com/forumsV9/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21 <- v. good stuff! Make sure to look at the risk pics- that's what impatience will do!

http://www.onetribe.nu/catalog/stretching.php

Ok this post ended up big. Someone can probably give you some better advice, but this all of is the benefit of my own experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Gauge wrote:
    I don't like to nag people about their own bodies but to be honest, your posts are setting off a lot of alarm bells for me.

You're fairly young. Have you worked yet? Stretched ears are permanent and very noticable- what happens when you need a job, even just a part time one, and you're told in the interview that your ears make you unsuitable for the job? Have you thought about which career path you're going for? I know these questions will probably make you roll your eyes, but think about it- if you're planning on going into a conservative career path, stretched ears can really hinder you.

Also, you appear to be very, very impatient. No offense- I know I was the same, I wanted to skip the whole process and just get an instant end result when I started... but stuff like 'it's none or larger lobes' 'I want to start off a big as possible'... you can't really have your cake and eat it too :p Impatience and lobe stretching do NOT go together, I promise you. Stretch too fast and you'll end up with lobes that look like an arse. I'm not kidding. I've seen ears that were stretched perfectly and ears that were stretched too fast and the difference is astronomical.

So here is my advice. You want stretched ears and you want them now. However, you are 3 years underage so you're not going to be able to get punched or scalpelled. So that option is out, unfortunately.

So your most realistic option is this: Go to a decent piercer and tell them you need a pair of lobe piercings and you intend to stretch them. They'll be able to tell you more about what options you have; sizes, etc, and position them the best way possible to accommodate stretching.

So then, you wait 6-8 weeks before starting stretching. Have a read off these FAQs:

http://www.bodyartforms.com/forumsV9/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21 <- v. good stuff! Make sure to look at the risk pics- that's what impatience will do!

http://www.onetribe.nu/catalog/stretching.php

Ok this post ended up big. Someone can probably give you some better advice, but this all of is the benefit of my own experience.

Thanks for the links ;)
    I may seem impatient and I am a little bit But I will be far happyer once I start off from something bigger than a tiny hole that you see alot of people going around with. Once I don't have one of them I will and am going to take it slowly. Those disaster pics arn't nice :(

I had no intention of scalpaling and never will... I hate the idea of cutting a chunk out of my ear and having lots of blood and... bluh.
    Punching was an Idea but wont go for it and chances will not go with it ever...

I like the way you put it that my ear may look like an arse...:D

What my plan was...

Around Halloween - Christmass get it periced at (3.2mm?) give it 2 months to heal.
    I will then stretch to the next size (2.6 or 4mm?) give that 6-8 weeks of healing.
    I will then stretch to the next size (5 or 6mm?) give that 6-8 weeks of healing.
    And so on.
    From what I can see that is a fairly ok timetable to follow?

I'll have a look around the piercing studios next time im in town.

Re: Career choices..

I plan to do Mechanical engineering or something working with metal. Havnt thought to far ahead. I cant see people having huge problems with them if I am working in a machine shop all day long.

Think I covered it there. Thanks for your input ;/

EDIT: Just say the times to follow on the body art link...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Personally, and I also intend to start at 3.2mm in the next week or two, I'd give it a lot longer than 2 months to heal before I stretched again. I'd be thinking four, minimum. It's a lot of tissue to displace, it'll take a good bit of healing.

Advertisement