Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cftmon.exe

• 18-09-2007 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭

Clearing out some startup apps, cftmon.exe is on the list. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The cftmon.exe process is a component used in MsOffice to perform language related functions. It is closely tied to the 'Language Bar' present in MsOffice, so if you use the Language Bar you should leave this process running. If, on the other hand, you do not use the language bar, you should terminate this process to free up system resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

cftmon.exe is one of those processes that keeps re-installing itself, i'm sure there's a fix somewhere but I got fed up of 'msconfig-ing it' and left it alone. If you find a fix, i would be interested to know.......... damn you Microsoft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Aha. I'll be disabling it so.

Tried to disable that damn new Windows Liveone care thing, downloaded the trial but it takes over the computer! When I disabled it in startup kept enabling itself.

I'll let ye know if the language bar re-enables itself

Advertisement