Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf mark IV

Options
  • 18-09-2007 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hey, i just bought a 98 amrk IV golf. Im looking to change the black strips/bumpers along the sides to match the silver of the car, ive looked on ebay and cant find any. Any ideas on how to do this cheaply would be great as i`m on a tight budget. I am also looking to pick up a cheap set of second hand rims from somewhere, again any ideas appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

mine ones in my golf were painted when i got it by the looks of it i say they were painted on the car.. but i say more that likely they just come off and u can get them sprayed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Personaly I would leave them, I have a 99 golf in silver and I think it looks better with the black trim, I would definetly leave the sides as is, but if you want to try it yourself - this might help you, http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/200511.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd get all the rubbing strips and door handles painted, really transforms the look of the car more effectively than lexus lights or similar tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The black trim just pops out (so its easy to give the pieces to a sprayer and get them painted to match your car. It does make a big difference alright.

You could try painting them yourself, just remember you will need to sand & Primmer them before you paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

The side ones are just stuck with glue that will come straight off. The front and rear bumper rub strips tho have clips. Your probably gonna have to take off the bumpers the get to them because you mite break them! best of luck ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement