Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinahown

Options
  • 18-09-2007 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭

How far from Galway city is Ballinahown? If someone was going from loughrea and had to be there at 9am what sort of time would they have to leave?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I presume you mean Baile na hAbhainn?
    It's about 35km west from galway on the coast road, takes about 30 minutes, but if you're doing it in rush hour traffic then guesstimate yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Take it easy on the roads back there. Keep it between the Ditches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭jamesd

Its this place I looking at getting to

Fintrax Group Headquarters
    Tully Business Park
    Ballinahown
    Co. Galway

Didnt realise it was that far away from the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I've never heard of Ballinahown...is it different from Baile na hAbhainn?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

No, it is Baile Na hAbhainn, and fintrax is at the back of the industrial estate on the right hand side of the road, about 200 yds from TG4.

Allow 35 minutes from Knocknacarra to get there. Just head out on the road to Spiddal and keep on going for another 10 miles or so, past the connemara regional airport at Inverin.

I would say it going to take 20 minutes/ half an hour just to get into Galway and out the other side dependent on traffic, then another 35 minutes from there, so you need to be leaving Loughrea at 7.45am at the very latest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Different note but really dislike when the names are translated, they loose all meaning. Baile na hAbhainn is such a beautiful name!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

That's a long drive for low wages & the opportunity to be treated like a piece of sh*t.

allegedly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭jamesd

Thanks lads- a bit too far to commute each day.

Advertisement