Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

field shooting

Options
  • 18-09-2007 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Im a member of a target range but would like to join a local field club for rabbits. whats the best way to do this. Ive seen a list of clubs on Department site but its just the name of the club. Are they closed shops?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

In theory no, the should accept you if your live within their catchment area as per NARGC guidelines. In practice, yes they can be closed shops. I am not saying they all are but don't be surprised if you are met with responses such as "Were full" and "We don't know you or our family!", or "you have not lived in the area long enough".
    The only way to find out is to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

check out previous threads "gun club membership" and "lands preserved";)

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

SMERSH wrote:
    In theory no, the should accept you if your live within their catchment area as per NARGC guidelines. In practice, yes they can be closed shops. I am not saying they all are but don't be surprised if you are met with responses such as "Were full" and "We don't know you or our family!", or "you have not lived in the area long enough".
    The only way to find out is to ask.

Another one SMERSH! I'll have to get the finger out and put pen to paper!

COOLAGAD: PM me if you are interested in trying to form a club with myself and a few of the other lads on this.

Advertisement