Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Devildriver

• 18-09-2007 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Just got into these guys recently. The new album 'The Last Kind Words' is pretty amazing and getting some serious respect. Pretty good going for a guy that used to be in Coal Chamber!

I remember hearing something from their first album and not being that interested, but I'm listening to their second one (they have 3 albums so far i think) and things really got good on that one. It's like a mix of American thrash and Swedish melodic death metal or something. The guitarist seems to know his stuff, if there is a weak point it's probably the vocals to be honest, a bit samey.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

I have The Fury Of Of Our Makers Hand, think it's a pretty class album. Standout tracks are, listen to How Back The Day off it, you'll love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Got the video for "End Of The Line" awhile back and have meant to get some more of their stuff ever since. I'll lob Fury on my list now so. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Love the band :) have all three of there albums,there drummer is insane :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Love the band :) have all three of there albums,there drummer is insane :eek:

Agreed. Their drummer is amazing. I've only got their second album and only heard one or two songs from their latest but he seems to be improving greatly. Nice double bass drum too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

you should get there new album its unreal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

To be honest i think they follow the metal formula to a T, but like too much to a T if you get me. I cant put my finger on it but i love some tracks but as a band i find them mleh. I mean tracks like end of the line, clouds over california etc are ****ing UNREAL but still theres somthing about listining to a full album of theres that bores the ****e outta me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I liked the first two albums, im not too gone on the new one for some reason....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Check this out.......very funny!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=XyM0z4ZoMNU

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=oSTuPynlYTI

Thats why its the greatest show!!
    Enjoy....

PCros wrote:
    Check this out.......very funny!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=XyM0z4ZoMNU

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=oSTuPynlYTI

Thats why its the greatest show!!
    Enjoy....
    HAHAHAHAH classsss

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Im not really into their old stuff but i think their new album sounds really cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

At least Dez Favaria (sp?) can safely say that he is now in a credible metal band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

There an excellent band.Ive all there albums.I'd only listen too them sometimes though.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 1-9-7-7

Patricide wrote:
    To be honest i think they follow the metal formula to a T, but like too much to a T if you get me. I cant put my finger on it but i love some tracks but as a band i find them mleh. I mean tracks like end of the line, clouds over california etc are ****ing UNREAL but still theres somthing about listining to a full album of theres that bores the ****e outta me.

Haha chances that I'd find you on this forum Barry:p

I think DD are great, love Dez's vocals and some killer tunes going down there.

evnin george, what brings you to this place :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

I've heard from reliable sources that their moshpits are excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

That was more like the Dublin city marathon than a circle pit

They didn't break (or make?) the record officially since there was no Guinness guy there to verify it or whatever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Den_M wrote:
    That was more like the Dublin city marathon than a circle pit

Hey. That can get pretty violent! Sprained me ankle in it last year. :p

Advertisement