Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Nvidia 7800 GS CO" for Bioshock

Options
  • 18-09-2007 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Ok, I am 16, I have a six year old laptop, no xbox (360 or otherwise) and badly want to play Bioshock.

My father has offered me a comp as long as I buy windows and a new graphics card for it.

Problems arised and the only card I can afford that will fit into the slot is an

"NVIDIA 7800 GS CO"

I am really worried as my friends one worked perfectly with max shading, lighting etc. for little over what I have found this cards price at. I had my eye on the same gfx card but then....

I want to know, will I at least be able to play the game with decent graphics?
    I understand I cannot have max shading etc. but could I have at least half lighting, this, that the other?

Please reply quickly. I only have one chance at buying this. Everything else is fine but it needs a new card is all.

Thank You,
    Moose

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Try and find a second hand card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

first off always post your budget if you want help finding the right card at the right price. where did you see this card for sale? Sound like PC world if so you'll be able to buy better for less online. Also is it for an AGP slot? Where are you buying windows aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

First of all, what is the PC? If you don't know much about computers, there's every chance that the rest of the PC is too poor to play games. It's not just the graphics card that counts, processor and memory are very important too.

Also, yeah, the 7800GS OC is being sold in PC Worlds now as clearance stock, they have loads of them. I think they're about 160, which isn't a bad price for AGP...considering its PC World.

Advertisement