Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Router / other cheap routers?

Options
  • 18-09-2007 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering how do people go about buying the eircom router without having their BB service? I tried to do so in 3G stevens green yesterday but I was told I had to sign up with Eircom before I could take one away. I said I already had eircom BB and just wanted to buy the router - no good, he wouldn't sell it without me signing up there and then.
    Is there any other stores where you can just walk in and take away the box with the router?

If not is there anywhere else I could get a cheapo router for my Imagine ASDL? I guess they come with the DSL filter thing you need?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

cianclarke wrote:
    I'm wondering how do people go about buying the eircom router without having their BB service? I tried to do so in 3G stevens green yesterday but I was told I had to sign up with Eircom before I could take one away. I said I already had eircom BB and just wanted to buy the router - no good, he wouldn't sell it without me signing up there and then.
    Is there any other stores where you can just walk in and take away the box with the router?

If not is there anywhere else I could get a cheapo router for my Imagine ASDL? I guess they come with the DSL filter thing you need?

Thanks

I've got one with DSL filters etc. Have to find box.

Hasn't really been used as switched to NTL (always used my own router on eircom).

Its for sale on adverts ;) -> http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=33121
    Open to offers ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

€25 for that router in 3g / Pc World/ Currys / Dixons and Harvey Norman

Just give any 8 digit number such as 43214321 and a phone number that passes the test and they will sell it to you for €25 no probs...especially Currys or Dixons :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Sweet thanks, will try currys / dixons. :D

Advertisement