Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU bookshop

• 18-09-2007 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello everybody.

I'm very confused about the SU bookshop.
    I saw that we could check the books available on the web but it does'nt look really available...
    What do you think of the bookshop?
    Is it really reliable?
    I'm a first year student, and I don't know what to think about the bookshop.
    What about you people from UCD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

The Bookshop online is (I hope) in the beta stage (either that or I'm doing it wrong, cos all I get in an innavigable list of books, which isn't terribly helpful).

Bookshop itself is as good as it can be given the space it's in (the problem being it's in a very small space). Wheather the book you want is there or not is all down to the luck of the draw (as is the case in any secondhand book shop). I haven't been there this year because I know from experience that it never has philosophy books, but it was always good for bigger courses such as English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 happytree33

It's so tiny out there I wonder how people that work there manage not to become claustrophobic!
    Maybe they are used to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Hello everybody.

I'm very confused about the SU bookshop.
    I saw that we could check the books available on the web but it does'nt look really available...
    What do you think of the bookshop?
    Is it really reliable?
    I'm a first year student, and I don't know what to think about the bookshop.
    What about you people from UCD?

Yeah it's really claustrophobic alright! I find the solution is to go at a good time when it's not busy.. Maybe before your first lecture in the morning. Also patience is needed!

But it's a godsend IMO, i'm in 1st year myself and have saved a tonne on books so far! My comp. sci. book is €60 new but I picked it up from the SU shop for €25, in very good condition! There's alot of bargains to be had there, so it's well worth going along to see what they have before you go and buy new books. The staff are very helpfull and obliging so just give them the names of what your looking for and they'll help you out! It's a great facility to have.

Advertisement