Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

• 18-09-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

Recently discovered this gem. Such an amazing track I can't even describe. Fantastic guitar solo and bass line. :D:D

Can anyone suggest any similar songs for me to try out?

Also, does anyone else think the bass sounds like the music from "Zombies (Ate my Neighbours)" video game?? Or is it just me.... :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It doesn't fit with the first part of the song imho and would have been better of as a instrumental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I think it's great because it has so many parts. It's like a journey... Yea, I wasn't keen on the intro at first, but it grows on me with every listen.
    "The Chain" is a song from Fleetwood Mac's best-selling album Rumours. "The Chain" is unique in being the only song written by all five members of the Rumours-era Fleetwood Mac lineup......................
    According to interviews on the writing of Rumours, the final section of "The Chain" — beginning with a bass progression — was created by John McVie and Fleetwood. It seemed like an ending, not a beginning. Stevie Nicks had written the lyrics separately and thought they would be a good match; she and Christine McVie did some reworking to create the first section of the tune. Lindsey Buckingham then created the guitar riff at the beginning and end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Are you looking for Fleetwood Mac song recommendations or songs that sound like The Chain recommendations?

Honestly, I can't imagine there's many of the latter but you might try Albatross for the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Get the rest of the rumours album, it's my favourite shamefully cheesy record:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Fantastic song with the catchy bass line fantastic riff at the end. I think Fleetwood Mac are a great band to listen to when driving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Nightwish wrote:
    I think Fleetwood Mac are a great band to listen to when driving.

Funny that, when BBC2 had the rights to the Grand Prix, The Chain part 2 was the title music. Its a killer riff.

Rumours is a great album albeit a bit MOR.

As for a recommendation Lil Kitten, This Harry Nilsson's Jump into the fire which has a killer bass line too, it was used in the movie Goodfellas

Here is the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meaH2EolzHc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

its a great bass line, always makes me think of Formula one .... i remember when the formula one symbol formed on the screen as that bass played.....

What exactly do you want to know thats similar. Fleetwood Mac songs or songs with kickass bass lines??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Kickass bass lines and solos in that style, good similar bands from that era I guess. Kind of reminds me of Don't Fear the Reaper too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Recently discovered this gem. Such an amazing track I can't even describe. Fantastic guitar solo and bass line. :D:D

Can anyone suggest any similar songs for me to try out?

Try "Tusk". A grossly underappreciated Fleetwood Mac track. IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Oh yes, that song is infectious! Pretty funny video to it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains keep us together!

Advertisement