Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to set up a cattery! help

Options
  • 18-09-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I am looking at setting up a cattery and cannot find any information on if I need planning permission. Anyone got any info to help me get started! thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

You'll need planning permission, VAT registration, a Vet on-site and more. But, why would you want to breed cats when the country is overrun with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bobbytwo

God No...dont want to breed them. Want to set up a boarding cattery. None around me for miles and there is a real need for one. Kennels just very noisy and you need a licence to open while cats are easier and no complaints from the neighbours!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Your best bet is probably to talk to Cats Protection or Cats Aid, they would probably have more information, or if they dont they might be able to direct you to someone who does.

Advertisement