Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan mod

Options
  • 18-09-2007 9:01pm
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Just a little mod i did to keep my new 8800gts a little cooler :)

1403017859_c340ac701c_o.jpg

1403017711_279ce3d23c_o.jpg

1403919082_4ac3cda3c3_o.jpg

The turbulence makes it a little noisy so ill have to mess with it a bit to get it quiet :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

That is some majorly sweet work, must have taken a while. Holesaw and bits, yeah? What case is that? ...So that was what molloy was talkin' about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

think its a pc7 .

very nice job.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

nibble wrote:
    That is some majorly sweet work, must have taken a while. Holesaw and bits, yeah? What case is that? ...So that was what molloy was talkin' about.

hehe, Its actually a stepped cone cutter which makes it very easy, because it will countersink the hole nicely each time and the size of the hole depends on the depth of the bit

TREN38_6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

thats some nice work, i knew you'd put that old spiro magic to good use

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Very nice man, looks awesome! Has it changed the temps at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nice job m8 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you're going to have a hard time ever selling that case, unless you can find someone else who lives near you who also calls themselves "conzy"

Or, you could make an entry on urban dictionary defining "conzy" as "someone whos is omfgwtf1337h4x0r at pwning n00bs" and then just link the buyer to that definition when he asks what it means. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

L31mr0d wrote:
    you're going to have a hard time ever selling that case, unless you can find someone else who lives near you who also calls themselves "conzy"

Or, you could make an entry on urban dictionary defining "conzy" as "someone whos is omfgwtf1337h4x0r at pwning n00bs" and then just link the buyer to that definition when he asks what it means. :D
    ROFL.
    Did you use a pillar drill to do that or just handheld, Conzy?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I R a Pillar Drill! :D

By hand :) As you can see I rushed and the design isnt very symetrical....

It really is noisy though as the air rushing through the holes makes a lot of noise :( I might just drill it out with a 92mm holesaw and put a grill on it :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

nice mod conzy, looks great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

nice job but the last letter Y is not straight :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

Very nice!

Now put a cc lamp inside to make it better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

thats pretty unreal, seriously nice job,

ya if ya put a lamp in it or summit. this will obscure the holes, but if u sellotaped thin sheets of paper behind the holes in ur name, and put a black light inside, it would be fair cool...blue glow...oooh. (yes i realise this would block the holes...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

thats pretty unreal, seriously nice job,

ya if ya put a lamp in it or summit. this will obscure the holes, but if u sellotaped thin sheets of paper behind the holes in ur name, and put a black light inside, it would be fair cool...blue glow...oooh. (yes i realise this would block the holes...)

I bet you read " max power " " fast car " & " redline "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Anti wrote: »
    I bet you read " max power " " fast car " & " redline "

actually anti (and i swear to god), ive NEVER read any of those before in my life...i hate boy ****in racers, and i would gladly go get a shotgun and use their faces for target practice!

i just like blue....:rolleyes:

Advertisement