Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

illy Coffee

Options
  • 18-09-2007 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone know where I can buy this fine blend of coffee. I got a jar in Italy and it was the best i have tasted, it was the Moka type.

Any help greatfully appreciated and i might even invite you around to sample some :)

Thanks,
    Mick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Try Superquinn. I know several branches in South Dublin stock it.
    Whilst it's probably my preferred pre-ground pre-packed supermarket
    brand you'll be better off getting your hands on some freshly roasted
    and freshly ground coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Well as luck would have it, I was just over in Tescos just now and they have it, it's a new product they are stocking.
    Happy days indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I was once told my a guy from Illy (and he wasn't selling me anything at the time) that the reason Illy is dearer than other coffees is that they have a higher level of quality control... they'll trow away beans that other coffee companies are happy to leave in. It's good stuff alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

I have bought it in Superquinn, Ballinteer and in Avoca. I also bought it in France for about 4 Euro which is about half the price it is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

Slaphead07 wrote:
    I was once told my a guy from Illy (and he wasn't selling me anything at the time) that the reason Illy is dearer than other coffees is that they have a higher level of quality control... they'll trow away beans that other coffee companies are happy to leave in. It's good stuff alright.

I would also say good marketing has a part to play....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

http://www.labottegadipaolo.com/index.php?cPath=36

Has a shop in "Italian Quarter" between Millenium Bridge & Jervis Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

if you tried charging those prices in Italy you'd be hung from the nearest olive tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

It's nice coffee, nicer if you buy the tin with the beans and grind them yourself, gorgeous smell :D

Advertisement