Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

03 vw golf tdi service interval?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

I would do the oil @ 6k miles but the other bits you can leave till 9.5k miles.
    Every car I have had I did the oil between 4 - 5k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Isn't there a service indicator on an 03 golf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Just wondering when I should get my golf serviced next. Got it serviced today oil and filters. The mechanic says next one due in 6,000 miles.

The link below says 15,000 km(9,500 miles)
    http://www.diskdrive.co.za/road_tests/rt2000/vw_golf_tdi_roadtest.html

Who should I believe?

I'd say Oil and Oil filter, your only degrading the oil you put in by using the same oil filter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Service interval on the 03 tdi Golf is 10,000mls (15,000kms) or annually.

There is a service light on the golf, it will appear in the middle of your speedo cluster but the ecu in the golf will adapt to your driving style and will most likely bring on the light before this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Healyc wrote:
    Service interval on the 03 tdi Golf is 10,000mls (15,000kms) or annually.

There is a service light on the golf, it will appear in the middle of your speedo cluster but the ecu in the golf will adapt to your driving style and will most likely bring on the light before this.

From the Skoda Site:
    "On Variable servicing, intervals are determined by driving styles and conditions of use. The on-board computer will indicate when a service is required which could be up to approx. 20,000 miles for petrol engines, 30,000 miles for 4 cylinder diesel and 24,000 miles for V6 Diesel."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

craichoe wrote:
    From the Skoda Site:
    "On Variable servicing, intervals are determined by driving styles and conditions of use. The on-board computer will indicate when a service is required which could be up to approx. 20,000 miles for petrol engines, 30,000 miles for 4 cylinder diesel and 24,000 miles for V6 Diesel."

This all depends on the oil. Its has to have long life oil (v.expensive) for it to comply to these as Craichoe said above.

Im sure the Skoda site meant these to be in KMS as these seem very high mileage intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just wondering when I should get my golf serviced next. Got it serviced today oil and filters. The mechanic says next one due in 6,000 miles.

The link below says 15,000 km(9,500 miles)
    http://www.diskdrive.co.za/road_tests/rt2000/vw_golf_tdi_roadtest.html

Who should I believe?

VW Service intervals have been 10,000 miles (or 1 year) for more than 10 years now - but semi synthetic oil is required for this. If bog standard oil was used then you should really have it changed after 5/6,000 miles.

However, in the last few years, VW have moved to variable servicing (or long-life servicing) - and this requires fully synthetic oil suitable for extended intervals.

So your question cannot be answered until you know what grade of oil the mechanic put into the car. Give the mechanic a call and ask him, then post his answer here...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 maraton_runner

crosstownk wrote:
    VW Service intervals have been 10,000 miles (or 1 year) for more than 10 years now - but semi synthetic oil is required for this. If bog standard oil was used then you should really have it changed after 5/6,000 miles.

However, in the last few years, VW have moved to variable servicing (or long-life servicing) - and this requires fully synthetic oil suitable for extended intervals.

So your question cannot be answered until you know what grade of oil the mechanic put into the car. Give the mechanic a call and ask him, then post his answer here...............

cheers for the replies guys. rang my mechanic and he said he just used standard oil so i'll be heading back after 6k miles

Advertisement